Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Whats the biggest monetary damage your kids have cost you..
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

ewa-jo

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 3:51 pm
Surely everyone has seen this website... (apologies for the profane word in the title... I did not name the website and other than the title, there is no profanity on the website... it's a bunch of photos from parents who talk about all the things of theirs that their children have ruined)

http://www.shitmykidsruined.com/

My favorite entry was the kids who colored on their dog when their mom left them alone..

Ruchel

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 4:09 pm
Mati went all rockstar in a hotel suite in Hong Kong. 1000 dollars. BH they finally saved the couch so they gave some back...

amother

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 7:00 pm
IYH DH and I will one day be be lucky enough to have children who cause monetary damage. If only the funds we have been spending to try to have them could be used to replace physical objects.

Eemaof3

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 7:44 pm
Believe it or not I cannot think of anything my kids did (after all, tuition is my choice as were disposable diapers). But I am reminded of stuff I did -- writing all the names of our family members on the bathroom wall with lipstick to show I loved them, leaving Silly Putty for my father to sit on in his best suit, giving my Big Bird doll a trim, ruining my mother's cast iron pan by leaving it to soak in water before I washed it. I am sure there was more but those come to mind immediately. I guess I owe them an apology (a few times over).

amother

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 8:43 pm
Ruchel-where are you when this "rockstar" behavior is taking place????

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 8:50 pm
Tuition

Jewishmofm

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 11:00 pm
IMHOp - No kidding! We're constantly on the move, climbing, jumping, throwing, and so on. Sometimes though, I think it's not so much the energy they do have but the energy I don't have!
We can also add to the list the storage unit (garage type thing) door, and a coupla fence posts. They also broke down my neighbor's door. ( To be fair, her children have also caused us damage . . . so we're kinda even.) I grew up in a house of full powered boys, so I shoulda known what I was getting into with the posse of boys we have.

shiffycc

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 11:05 pm
28 days in the nicu-and counting! I don't even think I can count that high...

sarahla

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 4:06 pm
After hand delivering 600 adds to Jewish house n my community I crashed, my kids took this opportunity to take my laptop water and sugar which were left on the table :/ ( my fault) and mix it everywhere on my laptop, table and floor ...this was a thousand dollar laptop which didn't get replaced

Now when I was little I " cleaned" my grandma mirror frame that was painted with real gold :/ oupsss

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 5:38 pm
$450 a month for Neosure for twins.
$2000 to repaint our apartment. My son used to love drawing on the walls.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 5:57 pm
My parents bought a brand new very very expensive leather couch.
My sister ( about 5 y.o at the time ) took a knife and stabbed every part of it " because it was very "stuffed" and she wanted to know what was the stuffing exactly.

I think my mother was mad forever. Sad

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 5:37 pm
Just thought of something so I came to post on this thread. It's not awful like some other things on this thread, but I was downloading new maps onto my GPS and DS (4) disconnected the USB cable. The GPS was garbage after that! I spent days on the phone with customer service, but they couldn't save it. We still haven't gotten a new one.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 10:17 pm
I wasn't able to have kids so I have a cat (who came into the marriage with me).

so far, along with numerous wineglasses and other sundry breakages, she's spilled water into two computers, and needed radioactive iodine therapy on her thyroid at a cost of $2500. not to mention her dental work.

nycgal

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 10:29 pm
This thread made me think of this clip

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 4:54 am
$15,000 adoption fees, $10,000 lost wages from not working and being self employed. Daughter - Priceless!

Fortunately, she's an angel, and any small damages have been easily repaired.

Now on the other hand, I can tell you horror stories about adult roommates I've had, and the tenant that trashed the 1912 home that I had just restored to historical accuracy. I cried for days when he moved out and I saw what I was faced with. Just the basic cleanup alone cost me $5,000, not to mention getting all of the beer cans out of the yard, and I swear he did not take the garbage out ONCE.

I'll take rambunctious kids any day!

shiffycc

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 1:12 pm
shiffycc wrote:

And the grand total for our 6 week stay at the Ritz hospital according to the bill I got on shabbos iiiiiissss...(drumroll please....) $221,657.99!
Ladies aaannd gentlemen...I think we have a winner!!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 2:34 pm
shiffycc wrote:
shiffycc wrote:

And the grand total for our 6 week stay at the Ritz hospital according to the bill I got on shabbos iiiiiissss...(drumroll please....) $221,657.99!

YIKES! shock

Your child should live to 120, and pay it off in installments! Wink

carpediem

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:26 pm
Ds who colored with black shoe polish all over the wall of the Hilton we were staying in! Oy that was embarrassing Smile

shiffycc

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:42 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
shiffycc wrote:
shiffycc wrote:

YIKES! shock

Your child should live to 120, and pay it off in installments! Wink

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it today! Smile

RachelB

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 4:10 pm

Brand new Italian Dining Room Chairs + baseball bat. Bat:1, Chairs:0
Closet doors, cabinets, soccer balls (6 this year alone and it's only May), walls, curtain + rod +wall in the living room, brand new microfiber double recliner couch + Sharpie; laptop, headphones (lost count), phones (lost count), sinks, toilet, door handles, light switches- B"H my kids are still quite young, no teens, but I assume my hair will turn all white the day the oldest starts driving Tongue Out
Sometime I think about my boys getting guns in the army and I shudder Twisted Evil

This thread was very therapeutic for me, since I always tell my kids "everything in our house is broken!" - To which they reply "Not everything" and I always feel like they want to add "YET!!!"
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics