Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Non-Gebrokts Recipes
Previous  1  2

bashinda

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:47 pm
CM: so we're both right! A win-win situation Smile

penina

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:59 pm
I've made this torte before:
http://www.epicurious.com/reci.....34442

It's delish. Instead of the "spiked coulis" I just use 2 tablespoons of orange juice. It gives it a bit of an orange taste, I really like it. Plus the egg beating isn't so hard that you can't do it by hand (which I do).

Miriam770

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 5:19 pm
I didn't know about that the Rebbe didn't use sugar at all... I learned in Machon Chana and we boil the sugar... I though that the Rebbetz use to do the same... I check the salt too... and about the recipies.... please good recipies for salads....I need....

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 9:35 pm
Miriam770 wrote:
I didn't know about that the Rebbe didn't use sugar at all... I learned in Machon Chana and we boil the sugar... I though that the Rebbetz use to do the same... I check the salt too... and about the recipies.... please good recipies for salads....I need....

Did they also cook with sugar, or was it only for coffee?

I understand there are several Sugar dargas in Lub :

Not to use sugar at all
To boil it before yomtov, just for use by ladies
To boil it before yomtov, just for tea and coffee for all
Boil before yomtov, cook for everyone with it

and then there's us ...
Use sugar with hechsher from the bag, the whole Pesach !

penina

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 11:24 pm
For what it's worth, I was told by Chabad shluchim that sugar was one of the few things one could buy with a hecsher for Pesach (for them, not for me, we buy lots of things).

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 4:56 am
http://www.shmais.com/images/c.....s.pdf

this is a not gebrokts cookbook.

Yamama

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:04 pm
I never REALLY understood this story till I moved to the CIS, where you can find ANYTHING in the sugar!!!

One who is careful with the minutest bit of leavened food on Passover is guaranteed not to sin (inadvertently) the entire year.

- Rabbi Yitzchok Luria, the 'Ari'.

After Rabbi Moshe Horenstein married the sister of Rabbi Sholom DovBer of Lubavitch, he noticed that his new brother-in-law would not use sugar on Passover. Rabbi Moshe failed to understand why: he himself owned and operated a sugar refinery and knew that no leavened substances are involved in the sugar-making process.

Rabbi Moshe resolved to provide the Rebbe with sugar for Passover. Despite his confidence that his sugar was 100 percent kosher for Passover, he took extraordinary precautions, purchasing new equipment and taking personal charge of the production every step of the way.

On the day before Passover, he brought the sugar to Rabbi Shalom DovBer. He then proceeded to describe the entire sugar-distilation process, pointing out that there are absolutely no grounds for concern. He added that nevertheless, he, Reb Moshe, had personally overseen the making of these sugar cubes.

As Rabbi Moshe spoke, he noticed the grave look on Rebbe's face. The more he elaborated, the more serious the Rebbe's expression grew. When Rabbi Moshe finished, the Rebbe took a sugar cube and broke it in two. Out fell a grain of wheat…

By Yanki Tauber
Yanki Tauber is content editor of Chabad.org.

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:26 pm
Quiet1 wrote:
I think people ask in order not to buy a cookbook...
I'm sorry I dont have a recipe, but just it would be nice to share on here.
I think people ask even if they have all the cookbooks... they want to know which are the no-fail recipes!

saralem

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 6:49 pm
I learned from our Rav, many years ago, in Kiryat Chabad, that "if your mother didn't boil the sugar, you don't have to either". The Rav knew he was speaking to a large crowd of women, many of whom were baalei tshuva. Since I had only been married 2 years, and didn't feel I needed to continue this chumra,and we are Baalei tshuva I cook and bake with sugar all Pesach. Over the years, we've added all sorts of things--potato starch, cocoa, chocolate bars, etc. But no spices, very few processed foods (other than what I listed) and of course, no gobrochts. We eat so well that my husband says it's the best week of the year. Lots of fresh fruit and salads--of course all peeled. I actually LOVE pesach!! (now that my kids are grown....)

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:05 pm
Raisin wrote:
http://www.shmais.com/images/cookbook/PesachRecipes.pdf

this is a not gebrokts cookbook.

This link isnt active, does anyone know of a website with good non-Gebrokt recipes?

Yamama

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:42 am
I may have this in my hard disk. Send me an email @ chossid@gmail.com and I'll send it to you I"YH.

smilethere

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 6:21 am
What kind of recipes are you looking for?
Desserts:
Cakes/Cookies - use potato starch, ground nuts and eggs, I don't have a recipe because I don't need this.
Ice cream / sorbet - really simple
Compotes - just fruit water and sugar

Soups are simple you can do chunky veg, blended veg, chicken, tomato (if you use that) etc

Baked fish, cooked fish, you can bread fish in ground nuts and fry and bake, make fish balls
Same for chicken - bake with wine, with slices of fruit, with roasted veg, with stew vegetables, cutlets are great dipped in nuts or stuffed with grated veg mixture and rolled. You can make chicken patties or balls. When using any ground mixture add cooked mashed potato.
Meats - cook with lots of onion, veg etc, there is another thread with recipes, goulash

Sides - Potato kugel, veg kugel, Apple kugel - layer with nuts, roasted veg, crepes (blintzes) with veg, potato, liver fillings, lots of salads and easy dressings, latkes, chremslech, mashed potatoes, etc

OOPS - I can't believe I forgot about avacado and egg salad, (mashed with boiled potatoes) and just regular egg salad, that I've seen people eat about 3 times a day!

Lots of Hatzlachah

Yamama

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 6:50 am
If one of my dtrs or any1 else wants to post them, I can send files of good recipes to someone's email for them to post. CHOSSID@GMAIL.COM

abound

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 7:29 am
Yamama wrote:
If one of my dtrs or any1 else wants to post them, I can send files of good recipes to someone's email for them to post. CHOSSID@GMAIL.COM

Is it with Potato starch recipes or without?

abound

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 7:32 am
smilethere wrote:
What kind of recipes are you looking for?-------
Lots of Hatzlachah

Can I please have the recipes for the vegetable filing for the chicken cutlets and the blintzes. Thank you so much!

racz

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 8:30 am
Here are 2 cakes

Crumb Cake
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp vanilla sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup potato starch

Crumb topping

2 tsp cinnamon
½ stick margarine
½ 8-oz box ladyfingers, crumbled
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar

Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, using a mixer, mix the 7 cake ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Pour into pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

In a medium bowl, toss the 5 topping ingredients together. Use your fingers to make coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the cake. Return cake to oven and bake another 35 minutes.

Blondie

Here's the recipe, I found it doesn't double well, I just make mulitple single recipes

1 C. potato starch
3/4 C. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 t. baking powder
3/4 C. oil
3/4 C. sugar
2 scoop vinalla sugar
3/4 C. choc chip
9x 13 pan, 40 minutes on 350

racz

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 8:32 am
There are a few recipes on Ima mother I can try to send you to the link I use for Pesach
The Pastrami muffins I switch the bread crumbs to pesach crumbs
The layered chicken cutlets/Pastrami/Potatoes has no chometz in it

My chometz brocilli kugel only calls for 3 T of flour so I use potato starch or pesach crumbs

let us know what you are looking for.

smilethere

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 8:42 am
For the veg filling, I just saute grated veg such as onions, carrots, courgettes, etc with a bit of salt and then fill.

Yamama

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 3:09 am
Code:

Yamama wrote:

Is it with Potato starch recipes or without?

Mainly without. No gebrokhts, no cocoa. As per R' Zalman Shimon Dworkin a"h I grind my own spices before Pesach; blend tomatoes b4 Pesach and bake with sugar b4 Pesach.

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 5:47 am
Most of my recipes are non gebrokts. What do you want specifically? I have cakes, cookies, kugels...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics