Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Not happy with sheitel....What to do??????

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 8:26 pm
I recently purchased a Shevy sheitel, and honestly, I am not happy with how it came out. The cut, style, color just doesn't look right. I am planning on going back to get it restyled and recut. The sheitel seems too heavy and long for my face. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and did the sheitel end up lloking better after you restyled it? I need some encouragement please! Rolling Eyes

Squash

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 8:44 pm
Some sheitels are just lemons. From what I hear about Shevy they're supposed to be great. And, yes, sometimes the style is just not right for you. I say give it another shot. You might want to go to someone other than the person who cut it the first time. Don't give up just yet.

Good luck.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 8:52 pm
If you cut your wig at Shevy's within the last year then they will offer you a recut. Otherwise they will tell you basically that it's cut and live with it and maybe offer you some bogus mosturizing treatment. Good luck.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 9:08 pm
didn't they know what they were doing? Why should you have to buy a sheitel and not be satisfied?! Make sure she fixes it.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 9:37 pm
Maybe the sheitel is on the thick side, or maybe the style isn't for you. Also, sometimes the best style for a person is not what the sheitel wants to do. ie. let's say I wanted my sheitel to do that "flip" thing that's "in" now...well, I'd just be flat out of luck bc that's not what the hair in my sheitel is going to do--for more than 10 minutes. I have a nice sheitel, but that is not what's nice about it.

Since you already have the sheitel, maybe there's a style that both works for you and for the sheitel.

mumoo

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:54 pm
I took my new sheitl to be cut by a professional (everyone recommended her) at an Ulta shop. I have to say the cut is beautiful-it's just not what I wanted though.

I wear it anyway, and some days are better than others. I have gotten a little use to it. But I wouldn't go to a non-frum woman again. I think she just didn't get what I was describing-not trendy enough, or something.

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 9:34 am
Buying, cutting and styling a shaitel is not really a one-step process. Sometimes they cut the shaitel and it looks amazing in the store and when you put it on at home it just doesn't look right. I took my shaitel twice to be cut before I was satisfied with it. And some of my friends took it back more times.
I think if you are not happy with it, take it back right away. Don't wait a few months because they will be less happy to help you.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 9:46 am
Of course! the best thing, when you buy something new -specially for a simcha - is to wear it and see how you like it.

many women go back for cuts; many!

shininglight

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 11:01 am
NJMommy wrote:
Maybe the sheitel is on the thick side, or maybe the style isn't for you. Also, sometimes the best style for a person is not what the sheitel wants to do. ie. let's say I wanted my sheitel to do that "flip" thing that's "in" now...well, I'd just be flat out of luck bc that's not what the hair in my sheitel is going to do--for more than 10 minutes. I have a nice sheitel, but that is not what's nice about it.

Since you already have the sheitel, maybe there's a style that both works for you and for the sheitel.

What "flip" thing? I don't think I've seen that one yet ...?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
I recently purchased a Shevy sheitel, and honestly, I am not happy with how it came out. The cut, style, color just doesn't look right. I am planning on going back to get it restyled and recut. The sheitel seems too heavy and long for my face. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and did the sheitel end up lloking better after you restyled it? I need some encouragement please! Rolling Eyes

This seems to happen to people all the time!

You know how you'll purchase an outfit, it looks great in the store, but when you wear it at home it doesn't look as good?

Oftentimes, you don't notice certain nuances of the sheitel until you get a chance to wear it for awhile. Many of my friends have told me that they've gone back to get more cut off and hair thinned after initially purchasing the sheitel. If I wore my sheitel more, I'd definitely take it back to have more cut off in the front and have the cap fitted better.

I think that what you're going through is perfectly normal. Please don't assume that your sheitel is a lemon! You just need to get it recut and perhaps thinned a bit.

Kmommy18

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 11:55 am
The thing with Shevy is you have to go back and talk to her! Tell her that you're just not happy with it and you really want her to do something about it. If you're assertive, she will do anything in her power to make sure you leave happy. She's a really nice and she usually really sticks to her "satisfaction gauranteed" policy so just go back and tell her what you think is wrong with it and she'll think of ways to make it look better... Good luck!

ceo

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 11:57 am
mumoo wrote:
I took my new sheitl to be cut by a professional (everyone recommended her) at an Ulta shop. I have to say the cut is beautiful-it's just not what I wanted though.

I also take my sheitel to an Ulta shop. Why should I pay $125 at a frum woman when the lady at Ulta takes $50 plus tip? Rolling Eyes

to the OP, I agree-- take it back and speak your mind!

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 1:28 pm
And don't feel for a second like you are being picky or annoying by bringing it back for a restyle.

gali

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 4:15 pm
It's so aggrivating to buy a shaitel youre not happy with. Happened with my first, been there done that. If the color is not what you want, then you can always dye it. Thats what I've done and it came out beautiful. But as far as the cut, how can recutting help? I dont get it. The cut is there already and it wont grow out. Do you mean to have them take out the hairs that were cut and put in new ones?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 4:17 pm
Oftentimes people don't take off so much when they first get it cut, and too much hangs in their face, so they get it re-cut.

If you have a long sheitel, you can get it cut numerous times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels