Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Are you particular about...

happy chick

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:06 pm
I did not know how to title this post short. when you have more than one pair of the same socks (same co, color, and size), are you particular about keeping the same socks with the same pair all the time? (apparently, I dont really know how to ask this questions in a long paragraph, either. lol)
anyways, if youre ocd and youre very particular about these things, you'll understand what im asking. if this describes you, how do you keep the same socks paired? do you have a system? it irks me to no end, and I would love to know how to do it.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:21 pm
I'm not particular. But if you are, you can use sock locks - rings that hold the pairs together - and it can go in the washing machine like that. You would need cooperation from everyone taking their socks off to keep the pairs in the rings. (That would be hard in my house because I'm not always on top of things.)

The sock locks are sold around here at stores that sell sleep away camp supplies..

Last edited by Simple1 on Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:23 pm
I don't keep the socks together when it gets washed and if I have afew that are the same, no I don't care. As long as they're the same. When a sock has a hole in it, I only throw one of them out because eventually another one from another pair of he same will get a hole and voila, a pair!

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:50 pm
I don't particularly care, because if the socks are identical then they all match each other. If it really makes a difference to you, then you can use a safety pin to attach each pair of socks to each other.

happy chick

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 4:06 pm
the sock locks are a great invention, however I do not like them for two reasons:
1. the socks come out creased (im not the type who irons and starches dh's underwear, nonetheless, I do like when my stiff come out nice-n-straight from the dryer)
2. sometimes, where the crease is, it doesnt dry very well and the socks are a little damp. I dont have the time to start hanging socks to dry

thinkermother

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 4:09 pm
If they're the same company color and size, what difference is it as to which sock goes with which? They all started in one big bin in china and was later paired...

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 4:46 pm
unless they were made in different batches - why on earth do the same types of socks need to be paired ... I even pair same type of socks different colours - when necessary ...

but some people love these ...

https://www.sockclip.com/index.php
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry