Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Buying shoes for 6 year old

Jewishmofm

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 9:51 pm
VERY hard on his shoes, and has a narrow heel/ankle. we have had luck with Keen shoes in the past, but can't find anything now without bungee cords (which he will rip within the first week). What brand to buy? where can I find them? easiest for me to shop online buying a bunch of pairs to try on at home, but open to other suggestions!

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 12:40 pm
Getting desperate - the pair he has now are TRASH, to look at him you would think nobody's taking care of hom. But cannot find decent replacement, and cannot afford to buy and trash another 5 pairs this month.

watermelon

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 12:49 pm
My son just turned 7. I have had really good experience with geox. They fit well and hold up great. The quality is excellent. We got my son a pair in September that looked perfect still in June. And he is a very sporty kid who is tough on his shoes. Before the summer we got him Skechers and they already have a hole in the front near the toes! Definitely going back to geox for new shoes before school starts.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 12:58 pm
You tried Amazon with free shipping/returns:
Keen Boy Sneakers
They also are running a 20% off promotion which looks like it's available for some of these styles. A lot of them are velcroed shoes, not bungee corded ones, but without a size, I have no idea what is available for you.

rachel6543

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 1:15 pm
Try Nordstrom, they have a good return policy. My son is the same, destroying shoes every 3-4 weeks!!!! I just went to Nordstrom. They recommended Geox, but they barely lasted 2 months. Shoes are going back. I will be following this post, wondering what other brands to try.

Jewishmofm

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 4:13 pm
Thanks for the replies. Regarding Geoxx - been there done that - we had holes through the sole and the sole separated from the shoe in less than 2 weeks. DH wants to know "why didn't he get new shoes when all the others did?" my reply that these were the new shoes shocked.
Checking into the keen options again - I don't usually go the amazon route for things I may have to return, but zappos, etc, turned up nothing . . . here goes.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 8:37 pm
Amazon has free return shipping on most shoes (that are prime eligible) within 30 days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics