Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Netflix -- how does it work?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 12:26 pm
Okay, I'm a computer professional, but have no knowledge of these kind of things.

I will be doing some traveling this week and would like to download some movies to watch while traveling. I see that Netflix has a free first month trial, but I am unclear as to how Netflix works; I always see mention of "streaming" which in my understanding is to watch the movie right then.

That's not what I want; I want to be able to download the movies and watch them later when I don't have a network connection(like on the plane, etc.).

Does Netflix work like that?

If someone could clarify to this dummy, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Redbird

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 12:36 pm
You cannot download with netflix, streaming is only for if you are online.

If you want to download you can do that through itunes and amazon. I think they may give you an option to download a "rental" - only a few dollars per movie, but you only have it for a limited amount of time while it works.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 12:40 pm
Amazon prime movie has that option as far as I know.
Netflix is stream now or they can deliver teh movie to your door to watch and then return.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 12:42 pm
Thanks for the info on Netflix. I know about Amazon; problem is that 1) the selection is limited and 2) the "rental" times are short -- usually 1-2 days and I want to get something for over a week (ways there and back), and don't want to have to be first downloading when I'm leaving for the airport to get through even just the way there.

I also refuse to use iTunes; I find that it is very invasive. I've had to fix too many computers messed up by it.

Sherri

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 3:25 pm
Can you elaborate on iTunes being invasive?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics