Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I cant stop eating sweet things. Could I be addicted?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 9:12 am
Mrs.K wrote:
Can you learn to make the sugary foods you love in healthy version? With a great recipe you can "have your cake and eat it too"

I love Reeses peanut butter cups and started making my own version with sugar free peanut butter and an sugar substitute sweetener. (Note: Decide what your thoughts [and your doctor's thoughts] are on various sweeteners. The choices are endless, some healthy and natural, some not.)
I also love cake with my morning coffee. Problem solved when I learned to make it whole wheat, sugar free, margarine free muffin type thing. I played around with the ingredients until I made it how I like it and now that's my go-to shabbos dessert as well.

OP, what do you find yourself snacking on? Post it here and maybe we can help you come up with versions that are similar, delicious, and tricking your mouth into thinking your eating your favorite snacks.

Please can I have that recipe?

amother

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 6:07 pm
yummy2 wrote:
I know exactly how you feel. you can not do this on your own. especialy if you are an emotional eater. are you located in ny? I can let you know who I'm going to, an amazing nutritionist, who actualy teaches you to choose some foods over other foods. please do not go at this alone. you need a push, guidance, and understanding from a professional pont. hatzlacha, and you can do this. hey, after all, if I can? then anyone can!!

I know this is old, but I would love hte name of this nutritionist if you wouldn't mind posting. THanks

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 7:21 pm
I know this is old, but what I've been doing is limiting myself to 2 pieces of cake a day. Could be 2 in the morning, one in the morning and one at night, or 2 at lunch, whatever - but only 2 a day. (or 2 cookies, rugelach, etc.)

This really, really helped me, because when I tried to go off sugar completely (I LOVE cookies and cake) I was really mad at the world and saw no pleasure in any foods! I suppose that makes me a sugar addict, but I've learned to live with this '2 pieces a day' rule, and I've lost weight on it, since the only thing I'd overeat would be sweets.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise