Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Clothing shopping if you have twins of the same gender
Previous  1  2

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:10 pm
When I was younger I would occasionally see 2 identical twins walking around London, dressed in identical clothes. You couldn't really blame their mother, these women were in their 60's.

Drum, I agree. I don't think identical twins should be dressed the same. But the OP said her twins look completely different.

Anywya, enjoy dressing your daughters in the clothes YOU choose. Soon enough they will be choosing them. and refusing to wear the same colour as little sister.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:22 pm
my twin girls have a bunch of big sisters, so therefore a bunch of hand-me-downs, but I do need to supplement with a few extra outfits each season. when I buy new, I always buy two of everything. However, they choose their clothes every day. Only about once a week do they decide to wear the same as one another.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:34 pm
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I guess my twins are never totally matching because I bought them different pairs of shoes as they are two different sizes and I thought it would get really confusing always having look which size the shoes are.

Ok, so for Spring/Summer I think I am going to buy only one of each item (except for like a sweater) and see how that works. I like variety!

allrgymama

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 9:09 pm
I always hated the 'exactly matching' thing (I grew up in Boro Park and am one of 4 sisters. We're all about a year and a half apart in age. We ALWAYS dressed alike).

Go with coordinating pieces from the same collection, if you can. Or try to stay in the same color neighborhood You can do navy and white outfits from a variety of different companies, which you might need to do as different companies have different sizes and your daughters have such different body types. My DD is about to be 2. While she is an only child now so she's not matching, I'm waiting for an outfit to come in the mail that's a size 5 because the company runs tiny.

Motheroftwins

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 10:25 pm
I didnt read all the responses, so if I say the same as others, sorry in advance.

My identical twin girls are 3 1/2 years old. I used to dress them in matching and now I started buying the same thing in diff colors. I wanted to start for the spring, (like u said mirabelle) buying totally different clothing, but I cannot do that....everytime I chose an outfit for each of them to wear (totally diff), they fight over which girl gets to wear what. so I am continuing to buy the same thing in different colors and for shabbos I think I ordered them 1 matching dress, which also happens to match my baby girl too.

Before you go out and buy completely diff clothing, try it with 1 or 2 outfits and see their reaction......mine hated it!!

also, I saw a woman in a store w 5 YO twins and they were matching. I asked her if she always dressed them alike and she said no - she lets them pick their clothes and 9 out of 10 times they choose to match.

MyKidsRQte

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 2:49 pm
My twin boys are 18 mnth old, KAH. I buy 2 of everything Smile

Barbara

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 2:55 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
Raisin wrote:
I think it is nice to have one or two matching sets of outfits for shabbos. When all your 7 kids match and your are still doing it with your 13 year olds it gets creepy.

Why? All the boys match Twisted Evil

Not in my shul!

rosenbal

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 9:46 pm
supermommy07 wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
supermommy07 wrote:
I have 1 relative who has identical twin girls, and another with twin boys(not identical) they both dress their twins matching every single day down to their socks, hair bows and of course shoes! Where is the individuality?!?! It is hard enough to find your own friends, style,personality when you are an identical twin why are you making it more difficult!?!?

If she is making 1/2 and 1/2 = 1, then yeah, it's wrong. If they are 1 + 1 = 2, then that's something else.

supermommy07 wrote:

On a side note I hate when see a family with 5 or 7 girls and they are all dressed identically from the 2 year old to the bat mitzvah girl

It's nice to know who the family making the simcha is.

On the other hand, they younger ones will have the same dress for many many years, with passing clothes down. They must be mighty sick of wearing it.

No one can tell the twins apart cuz they are completely identical and are always matching. The only time anyone can tell the difference is if one of them fell and has a bruise or cut on their face. they also go by "the twins".

Also for my second topic. I WAS NOT talking about a simcha I was talking about every shabbos in shul and every sunday in the park. Sorry I wasent clear. A simach is a different story, although I was recently at a wedding where there were twin grls who were second cousins of the kallah, 17 years old and matching from head to toe. Thought it was pretty strange. Not gowns,suits.
Anyways pple that insist that all their kids match every shabbos usually dont pass clothing down cuz then the older ones cant match. Am I wrong?

Those kind of people wouldn't pass old season's clothing down either Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more