Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What do you do with garbage food?
Previous  1  2  3

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 10:07 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
For those who's DH is a plumber, all I can is that encouraging people to flush food waste must be really good for business.

Having remodeled and flipped several houses in my day, I have a good deal of experience with plumbing myself. I can tell you that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of service calls to fix the problem you caused with sheer laziness.

On the other hand, if you like pouring money down the drain, at least you're keeping plumbers employed and contributing to the economy!

I am not sure what flipping houses has to do with this. It is irrelevant.

I have access to an expert who is in demand for his advice and I decided to share because OP was concerned. To imply there is any other motive is not nice. IRL he is bombarded by people seeking his know how.

DH doesn't make his living selling plumbing supplies and he doesn't do repairs for parnosa. The answer may be counter - intuitive to what you believe, but I can assure you there is no profit motive.

If you are not comfortable, don't do it but don't cast aspersions. FTR we take out our trash two and three times a day.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 10:19 pm
grease sticks to plastic pipes even worse than to metal pipes. haven't you ever noticed how much harder it is to get grease off plastic food containers than off metal pots and pans or glass or ceramic dishes?

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 10:44 pm
zaq wrote:
grease sticks to plastic pipes even worse than to metal pipes. haven't you ever noticed how much harder it is to get grease off plastic food containers than off metal pots and pans or glass or ceramic dishes?

Could be you are right. It could be the men are right. It could be the pvc pipes are better at resisting grease which is why they are used in plumbing instead of the plastic in food containers.

All I know is we do it and my plumbing is fine and I have no profit motive. I don't know anything beyond that.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry