Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Navy skirt, red shoes- tights?
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:03 pm
I was imagining a little girl ... if they are opaque tights I would go with white ... sailor style

or else the exact shade of navy - can't be off ... and black would just bee too odd

there is no point to nude

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:05 pm
gray!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:12 pm
Matching the color of your tights to your hemline will make you look taller and thinner. Very Happy

If you want some contrast, go with an opaque cream or winter white. It will still look classy, and you'll avoid that "red, white, and blue" look.

If you have a navy blouse with subtle red accents it would look adorable.

I'm actually surprised that you're so particular about what tights you wear (no bright colors, no patterns or fishnet) and yet you'd buy red shoes. shock

marshmellow

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:23 pm
studying_torah wrote:
I dont' wear bright colored tights, never tried grey. Interesting idea...
http://www.6pm.com/cole-haan-a.....atent
My shoe is similar to this one, but it's leather, not suede. You can see it's a dark red, not a bright or orangey red.

That would be fine with black. I'm not sure if a black skirt with black tights is too much normally black goes best with skin colour tights but the colour of the shoes is fine with black.

If the navy skirt is a darker shade of navy it will also look nice with black tights.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 1:44 pm
I know I'm being really daring with the red shoes Wink
Thanks for all of the advice!

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 2:23 pm
Never wear hose that are darker than your shoes. Depending on the rest of your getup, you will look like either a hooker or a kindergartener. That knocks out navy.

I don't understand why red tights are a no-no and red shoes are not, but whatever. Red hose would work only if they were a perfect color match to the shoes--something that is virtually impossible to arrange.

Any other color would make you look as if you dressed in the dark and grabbed the first thing that came to hand.

That leaves you with the only acceptable choice which is flesh color, whatever color your flesh happens to be.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 2:28 pm
Those shoes are purple. I'd probably wear nude tights and match my top to the shoes. But I'm Israeli.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 5:20 pm
the shoes are neither red nor purple ... but WINE coloured sort of a purply red ... crimson or majenta even - oh wait I got the colour MAROON

studying_torah

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 7:07 pm
they are a bit different in color in real life- but def a dark red, almost maroon but not quite. Def not purple or wine colored!

octopus

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 7:18 pm
zaq wrote:
Never wear hose that are darker than your shoes. Depending on the rest of your getup, you will look like either a hooker or a kindergartener. That knocks out navy.

I don't understand why red tights are a no-no and red shoes are not, but whatever. Red hose would work only if they were a perfect color match to the shoes--something that is virtually impossible to arrange.

Any other color would make you look as if you dressed in the dark and grabbed the first thing that came to hand.

That leaves you with the only acceptable choice which is flesh color, whatever color your flesh happens to be.

this used to be true. rules of fashion have changed. black and navy match and don't clash anymore. ppl are wearing lighter shoes with their dark tights/stockings.

it's confusing when the rules change.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 10:07 pm
octopus wrote:

this used to be true. rules of fashion have changed. black and navy match and don't clash anymore. ppl are wearing lighter shoes with their dark tights/stockings.

it's confusing when the rules change.

Just because it's in fashion doesn't mean it isn't ugly.
Black and grey nail polish being only one case in point, dark hose with light shoes being another.
I can say this because I survived the sky-high platform shoe fad when it was in fashion during the last century. (I survived because I wouldn't have been caught dead in them no matter how stylish they were purported to be.)

sgr

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 3:04 am
The right shade of grey will look awesome.love the color of your shoes 👍😀

black and white

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 3:34 am
Zaq, that's one person's opinion!!
I think black nail polish is very elegant with the right outfit!!
I was just saying that I find it hilarious when posters ask for fashion advice here not knowing any of our styles. For all she knows the mothers giving her advice might be sitting at home all day in their sweats(not that its anything wrong with it except its not exactly a fashion statement) or walk around with a slinky skirt and top( nothing wrong either just no effort put in that outfit)
so my point is when asking for fashion advice you will get a wide spectrum from bold , ugly to beautiful
Do tell us op what you decided

rachel91

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 4:16 am
I would wear navy tights and black if wearing a black skirt and skin color in the summer.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 2:17 pm
I decided to wear them w/ the black berkshire ones that aren't as opaque today and see how they look. I liked that better than the very opaque ones.
Thanks for all the advice and responses!
Gut shabbos to all Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics