Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it rude

amother

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 10:26 am
To ask my cleaning lady to take her shoes off when she arrives?
I do have a no shoes rule, but feel bad asking her. But last time she showed up after the snow and tracked mud everywhere before I noticed what was happening. ( she IS lacking common sense but that's another story.)

Beyla

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 10:38 am
It's not rude, you just have to ask her!

My cleaning lady has her own slippers (and also a kind of robe) that she wears when she comes.
I think it's nice. And very clean.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 11:14 am
Did she at least clean up after herself?

I don't think it's rude to ask her to take off her dirty shoes. However, it's hard to walk around without shoes or slippers while doing housework. Maybe ask her to bring something to change into next time she comes (or if she comes frequently enough she can leave a pair of shoes at your house).

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 11:15 am
buy a cheap pair of slippers for her. while it's not rude to ask, you're speaking to someone who deals with mop liquid when she comes. it's not fair to ask her to get her feet wet.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 11:21 am
my cleaning lady changed herself and put on sneakers from a bag.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 12:18 pm
I agree with the other posters suggestions - buy her sneakers or slippers or crocs to use while in your house and she can keep them in your house. My cleaning lady likes to ear her sneakers bc it gives her ankles support as she is cleaning.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 2:14 pm
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
I agree with the other posters suggestions - buy her sneakers or slippers or crocs to use while in your house and she can keep them in your house. My cleaning lady likes to ear her sneakers bc it gives her ankles support as she is cleaning.

This

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 2:37 pm
Yea definitely not rude. Offer her a pair of old crocs and tell her she can keep them....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette