Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Advice Please, Re: Attachable Toddler Seat

amother

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 1:40 pm
My baby is growing out of her snap n' go and I was just starting to look into which jogger to buy when I've find out I'm pregnant again. I don't want to buy a single now, only to have to buy a double in a few months and so now I am looking for a stroller that converts from a single to a double.
I believe this limits my choice to either the valco or the philandted, right?
What have been your experiences with the attachable toddler seats? Do any of you have these? Do you like it? Which would you recommend?

Thanks

(I'm posting this as amother because I'm still very newly pregnant)

amother

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 1:43 pm
my sil has the valco it is sooooooooooooo heavy.
I dont recommend it

yoyosma

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 1:52 pm
It sounds like your baby may be too young to sit in the Valco seat. It doesnt recline, its just a seat. If she is just growing out of her Snap n Go then shes too young for that.
The Phil and Ted is the only thing that sounds ideal for you.

Newsie

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 2:07 pm
I have the Valco- I don't find it to be too heavy- and it drives really well. When the toddler seat is in- with the toddler in it- it's almost impossible to do steps. If you will be needing to do a lot of steps- it's very difficult. Both of my kids are very comfortable in the stroller and are happy in it. I don't know anything about the Phil and Ted's. BiShaah Tova!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 5:22 pm
I am the Original Amother - thanks everyone for responding

Quote:
my sil has the valco it is sooooooooooooo heavy

Well, Im already pushing around two kids - isn't any double stroller with two kids gonna be pretty heavy?!

Quote:
It sounds like your baby may be too young to sit in the Valco seat. It doesnt recline, its just a seat.

When I have my second iyh, my first will be 14 months old, is that too young for the toddler seat? Sorry, if thats a dumb question, but Im a first time mother. Does a 14 months old have to be able to recline?

thanks again

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
I am the Original Amother - thanks everyone for responding

When I have my second iyh, my first will be 14 months old, is that too young for the toddler seat? Sorry, if thats a dumb question, but Im a first time mother. Does a 14 months old have to be able to recline?

thanks again

Yes, 14 months is too young to have a seat like on a sit and stand...the Valco seat I think is ok, but any seat which is not a real seat, but rather more like a bench is not appropriate for a child that young.

Recline is only necessary if you plan on taking long walks and the child will get tired. If the stroller will not be used too much for too long a time, you can probably do without it. However, the Valco attachment seat I believe doesn't have a real back, so it would be very hard to sleep in that (kids when upright can still sleep -- like in a cheap umbrella stroller or car seat, even if it's not the most comfortable, but without a high back or sides, there is no where for their head to rest, so the Valco wouldn't suit this purpose too well.)

Shimmysmom

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:04 am
imho, I don't like either of those options
the valco seat is a nice idea but:
1- the attachment doesn't click in and out easily, I'm not strong enough to do even do it!
2- once your older child gets bigger, its a bid nuissance to lift him/her up so high and stuff them in to this shopping cart like contraption.
3- I have seen it tip over in the store if you are not careful and the baby gets out.
the phil and teds I don't like b/c the kid underneath is too close to the wheels and can hurt himself, they sell shields for this purpose but I anyway don't like it b/c you still have no basket and the kid underneath can't see anything.

I think you should get a regular double and a regular single- you will probably still need a single stroller eventually, it is always good to have one!

yoyosma

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 11:53 am
The Valco seat is like a bucket seat on a swing. It has room for two legs, a back to it, thats it. There is no way to recline it. I have seen mothers walking with their poor kids drooping over to the side. It is NOT appropriate for a 14 month old. You should google Valco and LOOK at the bucket seat to see if you think it will be ok. 14 months old is still very young.
Maybe a Jane Powertwin? Its a double, but small.

BTW-Valco even says themselves that their jumpseat is not to be used for an extended amount of time. Its not a seat to run around with all day. I would say that seat is more suited for a 2+ year old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics