Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Are my kids too old for Aliyah?
Previous  1  2

November

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 3:15 pm
OP, we made aliyah about 4 years ago with kids aged 8 and 10. We did not move to an Anglo area in order to help our kids to learn Hebrew and to be more integrated with Israelis. The results were mixed. We had the difficulties others mentioned with school staff lacking experience with how to help our kids. We also found that our children naturally felt most comfortable with other olim children. Baruch Hashem they've done very well and we've enjoyed the experience. We are now moving to a more Anglo area and look forward to taking advantage of what that has to offer. And no, we are not moving to RBS. And I guess you could call us charedi / yeshiva-ish.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 4:05 pm
Op here - if I could get everyone on imamother to register my kids for school and find me an apartment I would.

We are considering RBS because we are American yeshivish. We wouldn't fit in with Israeli charedim but we aren't Dati leumi either.

That's another problem with Aliyah where we fit in. But primarily I am worried about my kids.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 4:36 pm
If you are american yeshivish, RBS would be great for you.

Sanguine

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 1:50 am
amother wrote:
Op here - We are considering RBS because we are American yeshivish. We wouldn't fit in with Israeli charedim but we aren't Dati leumi either.

Finally an answer!! I still say an Anglo neighborhood is the most important thing for easing your kids in. I know nothing about Yeshivish neighborhoods so I (surprisingly - and happily) have no opinion about RBS or if there are other options. 7 & 9 aren't too old and it is a smart idea to have your son repeat a year while he works on catching up. (most mothers wouldn't suggest that - you're thinking smart)

eema2five

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 3:16 pm
we came with kids those ages.
PM me, please, if you'd like.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions