Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Husband in pain

amother

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 10:40 pm
husband complains about about major stomach aches. and will need to use the restroom several times a day. he is extremely gassy after chicken, eggs,dairy products, and many other things.
does he need to see a GI for this?
ive been trying to adjust his diet but cant seem to figure out whats right for him

Volunteer

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 11:15 pm
Yeah, he should see a gastroenterologist. He could have one or more simple food intolerances. But, if many different foods produce symptoms, there could be something else going on.

chani8

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 6:25 am
Oh, so sorry to hear this. Tummy trouble really sucks.

Definitely see a doctor.

How long has this been going on? That's the first question the doctor will ask, too.

To get loose bowels under control, a probiotic can be helpful. You can get a good probiotic from the pharmacy or health food store.

Another tip is to try drinking fresh squeezed lemon juice in a little water, before every meal. This helps balance stomach acid.

Definitely cut down (or better yet stop) coffee and soda and juice. Drink only water and chamomile tea.

Regarding diet, I'd suggest first off, eliminating FODmaps. If you don't know what those are, google it. B'kitzur, it's food that ferments quickly.

I'd also suggest that he avoid all fiberous foods. I know you say that he's getting gassy after chicken, but I think it's what he's eating with the chicken that's more likely the problem.

Also, when he's feeling badly, does his stomach distend out, like literally pooch out like a pregnant stomach, or does he just feel very bloated but his waste measurements are the same?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 12:52 am
definitely see a doctor why experiment a doctor may be able to guide you.

My hubby went to a gastro doctor today.. so far they didn't find whats causing his issues but he has a colonoscopy scheduled.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 6:35 am
Usually, folks recommend that you start with an internist to get an initial diagnosis/evaluation. Maybe it's something common and easy to fix.

For sure, I'd suggest he start by cutting out milk and cheeses and other dairy for a week or so, and see if that helps. Rule out lactose intolerance.

Dina_B613

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 2:25 am
Sometimes it's not the foods you're eating, but the combination. He should DEFINITELY go to a GI or an allergist. Also, he can try adding foods back in after his symptoms have calmed down - so it's not about giving them up forever.

In terms of dairy, sorry about this, but most of the world is lactose intolerant - like, 90% of people of Asian and African-American descent, and a LOT of Jews (I've read 40% for Ashkenazim, higher for Sephardim) are lactose intolerant. You can try goats dairy, or just using almond/soy/hemp milk and products for now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise