Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Questions for those of you who wear a band fall

ricotta

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:42 am
Hey, so I'm new to sheitels. I have a couple full wigs that have size large caps and fit my heat quite comfortably. I'm thinking of adding a band fall to my collection but I have a few questions:

1. Since the front of a band fall cap sits farther back on your hairline, does it stay put well with the clips? Or does it slip? Is it possible to be quite active without the thing starting to slide off?

2. Can a band fall be tied back into a ponytail or a braid? I work in a place where I need to keep my hair tied back.

Thanks in advance!

freidasima

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:44 am
I wear them.
They can slip if the cap isn't big so first thing I do is to put two clips into the sides and take off the top clip. I also wear them with a very wide headband so even if they slip my head is fully covered on top, it's like a double cover.
Sure they can be tied back, braided (mine is short so I can't but the long ones sure can) just like real hair.
As I hate a cap that touches the front of my head I love the 3/4 caps on the band falls.
There are also bandfalls that have hair that can be pulled out of the front and cut to act as bangs, I have those as well.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:37 am
I wear a band fall that has two clips in it. My minhag is not to show hair in the front, and I find that the clips do prevent slipping even if the wig starts an inch after my hairline. I can wear it comfortably with a bandanna or headband, although the headbands are more secure.

Whether or not you can tie it back depends on the length. Mine is long enough to tie into a pony or bun.

skymile

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 8:58 am
I wear a hat fall and I put it in a high ponytail and wear a baseball cap in the summer. very comfortable and the wig was super cheap

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:04 am
They usually don't look very natural pulled back, in case you care about that.

freidasima

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:07 am
They aren't supposed to look natural are they? They are wearing a sheitl and it's supposed to look a bit different than any person's natural own hair so that people can see that it is a sheitl, that is what I was taught.

chillax

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:58 am
I highly recommend using a wig grip.

QUEENY

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 10:17 am
I have a comb in the front..I never had a problem with slipping...my headbands are tight enough that they usually help keep wig down.. you can leave your hair back but I never like how it looked on me.

ricotta

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 2:59 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
They usually don't look very natural pulled back, in case you care about that.

In what sense? Like how do they look unnatural?

sima

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 4:57 pm
yes, you can wear a braid or pony tail. I do that with my band fall. to prevent slipping I second the wig grip band.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels