Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Soft drinks

thanks

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 12:51 am
Although I never buy soda at home, I let my son take cans of soda to camp. I gave in because "everybody has it", and he could easily buy it in canteen. I am left wondering if this is really the norm, and what are people thinking when they buy/drink soda. Is everyone aware of how much sugar is in ordinary soda, and how many chemicals are in diet soda? Do you think twice before you buy soft drinks or do you just put it in your shopping cart? Do you allow the kids to drink caffeinated drinks anytime of day?

I wish I wasn't so weak.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 1:11 am
The only time I ever buy soda is when we have guests who like to drink it.

We drink water at home. Very occasionally we'll drink some juice for a change. DD drinks either milk or water or seltzer as a special treat.

I allow DD a small drink of soda at a shul kiddush. She doesn't even think to ask me to buy it.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 1:38 am
I never drink soda -- 26 years old, and I've never tasted Coke. I hate being at a kiddush or someone's house and having to find/ask for tap water because there's nothing but soda on the table.

DH occasionally drinks ginger ale if he's feeling sick, so I usually keep a 12-pack of cans around just in case, but don't buy new cases too often.

I don't plan on letting my kids drink soda -- somehow my parents made it work for me and I didn't feel deprived.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics