Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How unsafe is it?

ilovegod

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 1:51 pm
To travel to israel for vacation. My and dh planned this long time as our big vacation. He was never there yet. We wanted it to be super wonderful. But everyone scaring us that its danger and I should cancel my plans... please tell me how unsafe it is.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 1:55 pm
ilovegod wrote:
To travel to israel for vacation. My and dh planned this long time as our big vacation. He was never there yet. We wanted it to be super wonderful. But everyone scaring us that its danger and I should cancel my plans... please tell me how unsafe it is.

My husband just went with a group of men with their rebbi, and I have a friend who is there now with her family.

ilovegod

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 1:58 pm
Is he there for vacation or staying local with his rabbi? My parents are urging me to cancel, but I just want to do my research before I regret it. Also on the way, I'm planning a stop in Austria for the weekend... and I only have this opportunity now, since the kosher hotel there is closing as summer is over.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:01 pm
ilovegod wrote:
Is he there for vacation or staying local with his rabbi? My parents are urging me to cancel, but I just want to do my research before I regret it. Also on the way, I'm planning a stop in Austria for the weekend... and I only have this opportunity now, since the kosher hotel there is closing as summer is over.

I'm not sure what local means- like only in one spot? They traveled, but not to the south.
Where are you planning on going while you are there? Where will you be staying?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:01 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure what local means- like only in one spot? They traveled, but not to the south.
Where are you planning on going while you are there? Where will you be staying?

Sorry didn't mean to make that anonymous

busymom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:13 pm
My friend wanted to go to E"Y for Succos with her family some years ago. People talked her out of it (kids too young, etc. etc.) She regrets it until today. Some moments in life don't come back, or at least not quite in the same way. Ask some questions and make sure you are staying in safe areas, but I wouldn't rush to cancel.

ilovegod

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:17 pm
Was planning to be in yerushalyim and north as I heard, the south isn't very safe... its an opportunity I have which won't cone back the same as u say. And I don't want to regret not going... but still I'm nervous

supermama2

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:34 pm
One of my boys just got back a couple of nights ago from a trip to the Golan and kayaking in the Jordan River with Camp...My DH as been going to the old city regularly...

PM if I can assist in another way.

grace413

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 3:34 pm
Life goes on normally in Jerusalem and the North and Greater Tel Aviv.

Come. Just don't go south.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics