Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood - anyone still school-less?
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 19  20  21  Next

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 6:37 am
No he never called my husband back or asked for another meeting. This is part of lakewoods problem the masgiach of Lakewood Is never ever dealing with lakewoods issues and he doesn't care about Lakewood issues. I know many people who tried to approach him for personal issues and he is always too busy for them from outside of Lakewood issues. The masgiach of Lakewood should be dealing with the issues of the simple people if Lakewood not worldwide issues that gets a person into the paper.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 6:40 am
amother wrote:
No he never called my husband back or asked for another meeting. This is part of lakewoods problem the masgiach of Lakewood Is never ever dealing with lakewoods issues and he doesn't care about Lakewood issues. I know many people who tried to approach him for personal issues and he is always too busy for them from outside of Lakewood issues. The masgiach of Lakewood should be dealing with the issues of the simple people if Lakewood not worldwide issues that gets a person into the paper.

I don't know a lot about the mashgiach, he is not who we usually go to with our problems, but he did help us out two times, one was a personal issue and one was a neighborhood issue. I don't think that was a fair thing to write, although I can understand why you feel frustrated.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 6:45 am
It hurts when a person is in pain and they go to speak to a community leader whose job it is and who is paid to help the community callously turns a person in need away. It hurts. It doesn't feel good being turned away and basically told don't come back I won't help. It could be noone wants to deal with the school issue but still someone has to. We should be feeling pain for parents not in school now and not happy tst it's not us.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 6:51 am
amother wrote:
It hurts when a person is in pain and they go to speak to a community leader whose job it is and who is paid to help the community callously turns a person in need away. It hurts. It doesn't feel good being turned away and basically told don't come back I won't help. It could be noone wants to deal with the school issue but still someone has to. We should be feeling pain for parents not in school now and not happy tst it's not us.

I completely understand you and feel for you. But I do know that the mashgiach does help many Lakewood people with different things, and a lot of people in Lakewood feel very close to him. I don't know enough about getting into schools to say if he helps others with that issue, and he should. But it is not fair to say that he doesn't help Lakewood people with Lakewood issues.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 7:34 am
glutenless wrote:
I feel so sorry for you. I think you have to just keep calling and calling the vaad and the schools. I know people who have done that and eventually it works. It's horrible to be that pain in the neck person who doesn't stop calling but at this point I don't know if you have a choice anymore.

Sadly, this is what works. I have a relative whose child had many social/learning issues, and was difficult to place....and got into school because the wife of one of the vaad memebers told her DH to just get that kid into school and off their backs!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 8:16 am
What works is knowing someone who gives big money to the school to push for u. What even works better is if this wealthy person owes your dh a favor or your parents a favor.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
What works is knowing someone who gives big money to the school to push for u. What even works better is if this wealthy person owes your dh a favor or your parents a favor.

No, my relative did not know anyone like this. And the vaad person who pushed them in never knew them before.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 8:53 am
amother wrote:

This exactly. A school told us for 20 grand we have a slot. That were just be a down payment though...

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 9:03 am
I heard there are still over a hundred kids not in school... We should make a support group...

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Learning people don't get priority it's only the line the school gives to the working people that they dont want to accept. If u look at who gets in right away it's 50/50 learning and working.

The rabbonim knows there is a problem and they are doing nothing to prevent it from happening year to year. Why are we not working on the issue to prevent it from happening in two years or three years? Why don't te rabbonim care?

I went through this two years ago and my husband who is learning in bmg and is still learning there went to speak to rabbi mattisyahu Solomon the masgiach of Lakewood who is there to take care of Lakewood problems he answered my husband I don't have time for this now I have to give a speech in Monsey in a few hours and I have to leave. The masgiach of Lakewood should make Lakewood issues a priority and not go speaking elsewhere. I lost my respect there and two years later this still hurts me.

He did that to my husb numerous times in the past 10 yrs and we are talking about life and death matters

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 11:22 am
amother wrote:

But citifield and prutzas wearing falls is far more important

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 12:05 pm
And of course the green stuff. What could be more important then good ol cash?

amother

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 6:13 pm
I don't understand. School starts Wednesday and are there seriously still mothers who don't know where they are sending their sons?

What is the vaad telling you when you call? Obviously the vaad has something planned and they only want to tell u the night before so that u will be forced to do what they say? Maybe they are going to put all these boys I to a brand new school and they don't want parents to have an opportunity to say no?

Tova

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 6:20 pm
Is school not allowed to start this year until every child has a school? HUGS to anyone finding out last minute about school, how do you manage getting the right supplies, uniforms, etc.???

amother

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 6:27 pm
My son is still schooless they keep on pushing us off with an answer. School starts in four days still no school in sight

amother

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 6:47 pm
No one in Lakewood cares if people don't have a school for their son. One year they pushed off opening high schools for a total of three days and then they still opened even though ten girls still weren't in school yet. Some of those girls ended up going out of town and others the parents themselves had to make deals to get into a school.
That same year there was an article on matzah.com written by a mother how her two daughter were out of a school and school started already.
Noone cares. Lakewood is a sick town and an extremely selfish town.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 7:05 pm
The Vaad says if your kid is not on school it's your fault for not sending where we tell you (we were ok with about ten schools, they want us to send to a place that would not be a good fit for our son or our family). So we are not in school no one of influence cares, as others have mentioned this is a sick town. It's sad.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 7:10 pm
Amother above me u have to find some connection to someone who cares. I know a parent who did that last year refused to send to the new school and they kept their daughter home until Chanukah. Noone cared. No one. This is a sick town. Chanukah they were forced to send to that same school because not one school in town cared to accept them and no one felt bad for them and they felt so stupid in the end.

Amother if you have no pull sadly u will be forced to send there unless u find someone to help you. Rack your brain and I'm sure u can find someone.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
No one in Lakewood cares if people don't have a school for their son. One year they pushed off opening high schools for a total of three days and then they still opened even though ten girls still weren't in school yet. Some of those girls ended up going out of town and others the parents themselves had to make deals to get into a school.
That same year there was an article on matzah.com written by a mother how her two daughter were out of a school and school started already.
Noone cares. Lakewood is a sick town and an extremely selfish town.

What a terrible thing to say.
I can only be dl"z that you are or were in tremendous pain that you do/did not have a school for your child.
I guess according to you Flatbush, Monsey, and communities all over are also "sick".
Because I personally know of families in other communities who had a hard time getting kids into school as well. At least in Lakewood there is a Vaad that is specifically set up to help.
Go find out for yourself what it is like in Monsey when you have no money, no pull, and no school!!!

A Proud Lakewood Amother

amother

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 7:15 pm
Oh I have pull I have a lot of family in Lakewood, they've all been advocating for us throughout. But they're all regular good people, not people that are nasty enough to be influential. Our rav has also tried tons, it hasn't helped. That story is super spookey... What should we do? It's crazy!!
Page 10 of 21   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 19  20  21  Next Recent Topics