Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What's the first thing you notice whe you walk in to a home?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 11:38 am
I notice a lack of cleanliness. I don't look to see if a house is picked up. It is when it is cluttered and grimey I notice it.

I notice if the house flows. . I don't like chopped up decor. I don't like over done houses either.

I had twins in early intervention. The therapists were coming in and out of the house for scheduled appointments. There was always enough time to pick up for a professional who was coming to treat my children. I honestly don't understand why not take 5 minutes to show them the respect they deserve.

MMCH

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 1:47 pm
I notice smells wherever I go, so smell if there is one first.

but then I usually notice like organizational things first. like if I walk into someone's house (who has little kids like me) I notice right away how the toys are organized, or if they are, in perfect boxes, or shmushed in a corner like mine...
I notice most ppl don't have "stuff" all over the place (articles, magazines,newspapers, you name it, is all over my house)

I am amazed really at anyone's house thats spotless.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 4:21 pm
The smell of the house. Any smell. It could be the lingering odor of baby wipes and diaper rash cream masked by lysol or a scented candle, wet dog, yesterdays cholent. Generally most scents do not bother me, it usually feels comfortable and familiar.

I am also good at remembering how certain people smell. I am like a blood hound Smile

Blue jay

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 4:23 pm
OP, good question by the way. I am going to invest in some scented candles!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics