Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Beth Tefila- Baltimore; Scholarships?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 10:30 pm
Does anyone send their kids to BT in Bmore? I have a million questions if you do. But the one for the finance section is: Do they give scholarships? It's a very pricey school and although I only have two kids and DH and I both work full time in professional capacities I don't think we can afford full tuition Sad Anyone with experience? TIA

Batyah85

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 7:52 am
Yes. From what I know- they are very good with scholarships. Feel free to message me for more info.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 11:17 am
They do give scholarships, on a case by case basis. If you are seriously looking into the school you should meet with Mrs Schorr for a visit to the school,and while you are meeting with her, you should ask that question, I am under the impression that she is the one who makes these decisions. good luck
anon because I have a child in BT, and yes it is a good school in many ways! any more questions,ask them here, I will bookmark this thread so that I can reply whenever I can.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:07 pm
Thank you both for responding. We have a meeting/tour scheduled for October. My main concern is that my daughter stay religious (she's not so religious now, but she is not yet 2 Smile ) and not feel like it is a burden. Do either of you feel that it is hard to stay religious in BT?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 10:01 pm
Hi I am an imamother who has a close relative of mine teaching in BT and I asked him your questions.
yes to scholarships, definitely.
Question about staying religious: he thinks it depends on a few things: a) the class (peer pressure) but he thinks it is getting easier because more and more frum kids are joining the school. my relative teaches hgher up the school where there are still fewer frum kids. b) the child, her personality, and if she is a follower or not and will do what is right evenwhen so many others around her do differently and c) on the home, if your home is full of simchas hamitzvot, if you and your family love to be Jewish and religious!

If you want to discuss it with my relative and are willing to post an email address then he will email you with his phone number. he would be vry happy to talk .I just want to stay anonymous on this thread so that the whole of imamother doesnt connect my screen name with my hometown!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you both for responding. We have a meeting/tour scheduled for October. My main concern is that my daughter stay religious (she's not so religious now, but she is not yet 2 Smile ) and not feel like it is a burden. Do either of you feel that it is hard to stay religious in BT?

amother here whose kid is in BT. so, not sure what to say about that becasue we just moved our child into BT a few months ago from a more right wing school. I have seen that lots of kids move to BT when they are going downhill in their mitzva observance,but thank G-d that was not the reason why we moved our child there. Our chld is in high school and is a highly motivated academicly kid who was not being challenged in the previous school. Also our child is self motivated religiously and I daven that thing s should stay that way.
The good thing about BT is that everyone is accepted there for who they are and nobody is mocked for their religious affiliations, but respected for it. The management of the school certainly want the frum kids to remain frum. good luck making the decision.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics