Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Training a Cleaning Lady

amother

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 10:59 pm
How do you do it? What are your tips?
I had to fire my cleaning lady & am starting over again.
B"H house with many children, only baby home till 1 & after 1 my 4 year old is home too.
Her responsibilities will be: to clean the house, laundry, some food prep, unpack groceries, some childcare & the extras that come up like polishing silver...
What has been successful for you?
Tia!

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 11:24 pm
Make a weekly schedule. I make it like a chart with the days on top and then a list of tasks per day. I'll write the daily stuff first, like dishes, clear breakfast, sweep/mop, put away toys. Then straighten bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. I'll put down certain tasks like changing linen, putting garbage to curb, ironing, etc. on the days that I want it done.
If she speaks another language, you can use google translate to write down calendar. Show her where you keep all supplies. I show them fridge and pantry and plastic plates/forks and stuff. I also ask what type of food she likes so I make sure to have it for her around. Also whenever I go to the grocery I ask if she wants something. In the beginning they may not feel comfortable asking.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 11:51 pm
Everything singalong said, plus: show her exactly which supplies you want her to use for what. Which cloth for polishing silver, which detergent for washing sheets, which floor cleaner for each room, etc. Don't assume that anything is obvious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry