Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
First time buyer loans/incentives?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:46 pm
I am living in NY and looking to buy my first home. DH and I can together afford the mortgage, yet would need to save for about 2 more years for our complete down payment and our apartment is just getting too snug for us.
we are able to put around 10-12 percent down right now
I have been told that there are ny based agencies and programs that loan down payments or give interest free loans? or programs where you only put down a very minimal amount and do not have to pay the increased interest since it isn't 20 percent?
Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 11:12 pm
I don't live in ny, but you may want to look into FHA loans. You only need to put 5% down I believe, but there are limits to what type of house could get approved for an FHA loan (ie it has to cost less than 700k for a single family home).

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:52 pm
bump

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:58 pm
contact sepco (sp?). they helped us with our morgage over 10 years ago and our interest rate was lower than anywhere else.

OneSource

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 8:49 pm
I actually JUST did this myself. I put down 5% and with my income and credit, was able to get a 30 fixed conventional loan w/ a first time homebuyers program (NOT FHA) but I have to pay Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI). If this sounds like what you are looking for, PM me and I can give you the name of the bank and loan officer I used (it's a smaller bank located in Brooklyn and you are capped at how much you can borrow, I.e. it can't be a jumbo loan so the amount you are borrowing has to be less than 417k.) Hatzlachah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating