Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo stroller
Previous  1  2  3  4

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 6:21 pm
Quote:
inglesinas and gracos are all strollers. these carriages are bassinett carriages. I like it better than strollers, esp for a neborn

I have an inglesina too the carriage type for my twins the one that faces you r the street or each other with the big wheels. it becomes stroller only later on. SO mindy I think what you r referring to is the inglesina umbrella types but they do have carriages too Wink

amother

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 6:42 pm
queen wrote:
Can people please honestly tell me WHY THEY ARE BUYING BUGABOO STROLLERS??????????

They cost a BIG fortune.... and it's not like you can't get EXCELLENT strollers for a lot less.

I am really curious, and would like to hear from the grandmothers posting here that they are buying them for their daughters.

I would really like to know too. I can't think of any good reason to buy one other than "status symbol". B'H, I can afford to buy one (and could even get one at cost) but would never dream of it.

Down- for someone who doesn't have a lot of space I can't understand why the Bugaboo is the better option!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 7:00 pm
OK - your post is extremely judgemental and actually wrong. I have owned something like four or even five strollers and a couple of years ago got the bugaboo. I am not kidding this stroller is worth every penny. It practically rolls itslef and the children are so much more comfy in it than other strollers. So judge on if you must and say it's a status symbol but I will tell you it is not. It is an absolute DREAM.

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 7:07 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
bugaboo's are one baby strollers! You buy it for the first child and 18 months later they are useless

not everyone has kids 18 months apart, thats one. second, why cant you use it again later when you just have one baby and one toddler???

point is, its no ones buisness why people are buying them. I think its a nice stroller for those that can afford it, and like the stylish technology taht is used to make a bmw of a stroller. thats it, simple and fair. can we all stop fighting?

mumsy23

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
OK - your post is extremely judgemental and actually wrong. I have owned something like four or even five strollers and a couple of years ago got the bugaboo. I am not kidding this stroller is worth every penny. It practically rolls itslef and the children are so much more comfy in it than other strollers. So judge on if you must and say it's a status symbol but I will tell you it is not. It is an absolute DREAM.
Thumbs Up

EXACTLY!

I am kind of offended at hearing all you people trash talk my beloved stroller. I love the frog. I bought it just when the chameleon was coming out and I did tons of research (and already owned two strollers) before I bought the frog. Yes, the chameleon has SOME extra features (Not like anon said "many better features". It has a slightly bigger basket and an adjustable handle and adjustable suspension (which im not sure is really nec.) anyway, I got the frog because it was slightly cheaper adn I felt they were coming out with the chameleon to have an exuse to charge more. I have several friends that have the cameleon and they like some of the features on my stroller better (the material is more sturdy and better quality).

The rockstar baby is not as good as the bugaboo because it does not have any suspension at all. It looks like the bugaboo, but does not have the bouncy action mechanism that makes it ride so smooth and go over all the bumps (and that is why it is cheaper).

Also, our walk to shul is "woodsy" to say the least, and if I didn't have the bug I literally would not be able to go to shul.

Say all you want but the bugaboo is really a DREAM to push. It was a lot of money but both dh and I agree that it was money well spent.

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 7:39 pm
good for you mumsy!!! Very Happy

amother

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 8:11 pm
amother wrote:

Sorry you thought it was judgmental, but I don't think it's wrong. It is not as if there are no other strollers out there with good suspension. Is the BEST suspension worth an extra $300-400? IMO, it's not. "More comfy for child" just sounds silly to me, and I can't imagine that my child is so much LESS comfortable in the strollers I own that I should pay that much more money.

The price of the bugaboo is OBSCENE for a stroller. I don't think buying something because it is a status symbol is evil, it is just a psychological reality. But let's call a spade a spade. If Bugaboo was engineered perfectly but was hideously ugly (no cute colors or anything) and did not have the brand cache that it does now (largely due to product placement) nobody would be running to buy it or even considering it.

mumsy23

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 8:23 pm
Youre right, if it looked ugly, peopel wouldn't want it, what so bad about wanting your stroller to also look nice?

Bell

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 8:35 pm
mumsy agree w/u 100%
I bought my bugaboo frog 3 yrs ago before it was a trendI was prob the 1st person to have it in Crown Heights. (@ PlanetKidz for all of u who want to know) It was my first stroller & I figured no matter how much $ I spend if I have another bay 18 minths later I will anyway have to buy a double. ( I didnt) but the point is Ive pushed my friends strolers (Maclaren/Valco & Peg perego) & U can NOT compare. The Bugaboo takes the road like peanut butter tales to jelly (if u know what I mean) It just goes-it smooth its fast its bump free. And no its NOT the best stroller going in & out of a car but I have done it. If u do a lot of walking & u can aford it (we got it as a gift) DO buy it.
About the basket: first of all it snot so small but u can actually fit a lot of stuff b/c you can widen the material & then just pull it closed on top of all ur bags--ive done it tons of times, if anyone is considering buying it please ask me more q's I have already shown mine to 3 or 4 ppl & no I do not work for bugaboo!

Bell

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 8:37 pm
I look @ it like an "investment" stroller. Yes ur bay can sleep in the basinet until shes prob around 18 pds.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 8:35 am
any updates?

Bell

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 8:51 am
as far as what do u want an update about??

amother

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 8:54 am
opinions? reviews?

nylon

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 2:37 pm
I LOVE my bugaboo, and I've noticed (not just here btu in general) that the most negative views come from non-owners. The carrycot is very big and comfortable and my DD sleeps perfectly. You can push it one handed, it's super-manoeuvrable, it's great on all sorts of terrain.

What I will say is that it isn't worth it for everyone. If you just pop the baby from car to buggy, you're better off with a basic travel system (the bugaboo can be used this way if you buy a compatible carseat--here it's the Maxi-Cosi, I think it's a Perego in the US, but that's a waste of money if it's the only intended use). If you use your buggy a lot (long shopping trips, lots of walks) it's a great investment. I didn't want DD in her carseat all the time, and I didn't like the look of the Maclaren type strollers that fold flat--they didn't look as comfortable.

The one thing I hate is that the underseat bag is pretty much inaccessible when using the carrycot--you have to take it off, put th shopping in and put it back on.

As for "1 baby stroller"... that's true of any single stroller if you have your kids at short intervals. My daughter may still be in a stroller part time when I have my 2nd... but I won't regret buying this.

I didn't base my decision on looks/style--I wanted a pram type stroller for longer trips (esp. as she's a winter baby) and this was the best one. ANY pram style stroller will be large, and the really lightweight ones can't be used from birth anyway. I knew I'd have to deal with the bulk no matter what so I compared all the features and I was really impressed with the Bugaboo, especially after I pushed one.

batya_d

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 3:03 pm
nylon wrote:
I LOVE my bugaboo, and I've noticed (not just here btu in general) that the most negative views come from non-owners.

(I think they're jealous)
It's beyond my comprehension-- if people want to spend their money on an $800 stroller, who the heck cares? They like it. Some people buy expensive cars, do I kvetch about it? Who gives a flip how other people spend their money?

Hannah!

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:18 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shimmysmom

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 7:19 am
I actually think the mountain buggy is a better walking stroller- it's wheels are all huge- unlike the bugaboo which has two tiny wheels.

nylon

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 3:03 pm
Shimmysmom wrote:
I actually think the mountain buggy is a better walking stroller- it's wheels are all huge- unlike the bugaboo which has two tiny wheels.

Is that one of the 3-wheelers? I've never liked those, and the front sticks out more than on a 4-wheeler which is a problem on the bus. (The big wheels on the Bugaboo do make it tight on some buses, but it's not as bad as 3 wheelers from what I've seen.)
The idea with the bugaboo is that the small wheels are more manoeuvrable while the big ones are better for rough terrain--so by using them in the correct position you can get the best ride for your needs. The little swivel wheels are great IMO--they turn on a dime.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 6:48 am
I found the 3 wheelers hard to steer.

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 1:48 pm
Can someone who has the bugaboo explain something to me. What happens when the baby's feet reach the foot rest. Isn't it a bit high up? Do they just dangle their feet over it?
I put my 10 month old nephew in one and his feet almost reached the end!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics