Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Please help- BCBS PATHWAY (Obamacare plan)

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:50 pm
I need to renew my plan and would like to know what you heard/what your experiences are with this plan. currently have a silver level plan but am thinking to upgrade bec iyh we will be TTC soon. and does anyone know about Oscar or Fidelis

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:53 pm
Following. Was considering Fidelis but would like to hear others opinions...

amother

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:55 am
bump

amother

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 12:06 pm
This is how I think you should proceed (and how I would proceed if/when I use Obamacare, which may be soon):

1) Talk to the other people in your neighborhood - especially the healthcare help organizations such as Achiezer, Refuah, ECHO etc. See who they recommend.

2) Talk to your current pediatrician and ask if they accept any Obamacare plan.

3) Talk to your current OB/Gyn and ask if they accept any Obamacare plan.

4) Talk to your current Urgent Care doctor and ask if they accept any Obamacare plan.

5) Go on the website of the health plan (e.g. Fidelis). Find an OB/Gyn - the only one that looked familiar to me there was Dr. Fertel in Brooklyn. Call the OB/Gyn and make sure that he/she also takes the Obamacare plan and not just the Medicaid plan.

6) Try to line up as many doctors before you choose the plan - a primary care physician for you, an OB/Gyn, a pediatrician, and an Urgent Care where you can go at night for an ear infection check or a strep throat culture.

7) Once you have it all buttoned down - please post on imamother so that I can see how it works for you in real life.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 10:43 am
BUMP - I am considering Fidelis silver plan ... also considering Oscar silver plan. Has anyone used these last year?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 3:51 pm
Heard oscar is not in network at Maimonides hospital if you live in Bklyn that can be an issue bec hatzalah often goes there in emergencies

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 4:12 pm
A lot of dr.'s don't take BCBS now. I was on Health Republic and switched to Fidelis because of the whole Maimonides situation. Best bet (it's probably too late anyway) is to call every doctor that you can think of needing this year and seeing if they take it. Also speak to your PCP's office, they are usually knowledgable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics