Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Question for those whose Hebrew birthdays aren't every year

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:10 am
Was discussing this with family over Shabbos- I was born on the 5th day of Chanuka in the afternoon, and was speculating about when I'd probably celebrate if I'd been born an hour or two later.
Anyone who was born the 6th night/30 Kislev- do you celebrate the 6th night either way, and just consider that your birthday? Also those born 30 Cheshvan or 30 Adar Alef- do you just celebrate that Rosh Chodesh as your birthday when that date doesn't appear in a given year? (And for 30 Adar, which R"C?)

Mostly just curious! Smile

yaelinIN

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:39 am
My son (will be 5 tonight) was born on the 30th of Kislev. I didn't realize that his birthday didn't appear every year until a couple of years ago! I'm not sure what will be done on his BM year if his date doesn't exist - I guess he will have his BM after 1 Teves.

yaelinIN

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 8:45 am
It appears his birthday/BM will be on his birthday, 30 Kislev, Xmas Eve, Parshas Mikeitz. We already had a 4th of July BM with red, white and blue decorations. Red and Green for the last BM (NOT!).

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 9:27 am
(OP) Thanks! Happy birthday to him!

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 9:44 am
you celebrate all month long
לחיים Cheers

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 9:54 am
amother wrote:
Was discussing this with family over Shabbos- I was born on the 5th day of Chanuka in the afternoon, and was speculating about when I'd probably celebrate if I'd been born an hour or two later.
Anyone who was born the 6th night/30 Kislev- do you celebrate the 6th night either way, and just consider that your birthday? Also those born 30 Cheshvan or 30 Adar Alef- do you just celebrate that Rosh Chodesh as your birthday when that date doesn't appear in a given year? (And for 30 Adar, which R"C?)

Mostly just curious! Smile

I was in labor on 30 Adar alef and had the same question. If it would be a boy, what would we do about a bar mitzvah?

It turned out to be a girl, and anyway born later that night so her birthday is 1 Adar Beis, or 1 Adar in a regular year, so I never got an answer to my question Smile

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 12:03 pm
My dh's b-day is 30 adar aleph. But when there is no adar beis his b-day is 30 shvat.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 6:01 pm
My son had his birthday today. We always joke that he's really just 4Smile

But yeah, we always celebrate it on the 6th night no matter the date.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days