Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Does anyone have any swing set advice?

Which kind of swing set do you prefer?
wood  
 57%  [ 8 ]
metal  
 21%  [ 3 ]
plastic  
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

indianamom4

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 11:48 pm
I am looking to buy a swing set for my kids and there are way too many to choose from. They are ages 7,5, 2 1/2 and 1. my bigger kids like to climb and swing. Is wood worth all that extra cost? We live where there is a lot of bad weather and I dont want it to get ruined. any advice?

micki

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 8:40 am
WOOD WOOD WOOD WOOD

go for wood.

we've had our share and wood ids the ONLY way to go. the others rust and warp and need to be replaced.
the wood gets cemented in and it never breaks, you can add on more parts as needed and it lasts thru all weather. just use pressure treated wood. the longer its in the elements the softer the wood gets.

we love ours- plus my hubby got to show off his talents and build it! cost about $150 for lumber and $50 for the swing set kit plus a slide that we bought used so it was cheaper. go to home depot, or lowes compare the set styles and prices and build it!!!

supermom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 11:51 am
funny I like our metal swing my husband built it we have very bad weather conditions and I mean really bad. he made it out of metal but put hard plastic inserts on the handles and all so no rust or any dangerous things sticking out and hurting anyone since metal can be dangerous if not cut well.

GOOD LUCK

Yael

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 4:56 pm
I voted for wood b/c I like how it looks as well as its being good quality but the truth is that plastic will last longer in bad weather. have you seen that the modern day park benches are being made out of plastic that looks like wood? its b/c it will never rust, break, warp or anything.
on the other hand I have yet to see a swing set made entirely out of plastic. I dont think that plastic would be strong enough for all the parts. like the bar above the swings.

mom

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 10:29 pm
I just bough a swing set, so here are my 2 cents:
Wood is the best way to go. If you have older kids who like to climb you can get one with monkey bars on top (mine has that) - it's great!
I got mine from a company called Backyard Adventures- a little pricey but worth it. It has a lifetime warranty. They come every year to reseal the wood and every 3 years to pressure clean it. (Go online if you like, they have a website). I was told not to get metal as it rusts pretty easily.
Hope this helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars