Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach Manos for my studying partner?

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 3:42 pm
I was wondering if I should send my studying partner (from partners in Torah) a Mishloach manos and if so, how to go about it?
She is a lovely person ( we met once) and so far we've exchanged holiday cards.
However she lives half way across the country from where I live; and I highly doubt there's a local place for me to call to arrange s/thing. ( she lives in a tiny community.)
I don't have a lot to spend, but if there's a place I can call and have them ship s/thing can you please let me know?
Thanks!! Smile

bubbebia

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 3:47 pm
Try Oh Nuts! They have lots of wonderful packages of varying prices that they'll ship. But hurry, if you want it to get there before Purim. We did it one year and it was great. You could also make up something on your own and have it sent.

http://www.ohnuts.com/?gclid=C.....GIAnA

Reality

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 7:45 pm
My husband always sends to his partners. They both live in cities with a frum population so he orders from a local place. Is there a frum area nearby? The shipping may be cheaper than from NY.

Also, my BIL said that you can order a shalach manos through partners and torah. Maybe call them and ask.

You should totally do it if you can. I feel like those are the most important ones that we give. They really appreciate it so much.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 7:56 pm
partners in torah sent out an email, but it was more than I can spend right now....
I looked at oh nuts and while they have lower priced items, they dont' seem to have very much in them.
I have no idea of what frum areas are nearby, nor how to contact them.
Any other online places that can ship to other states in the US?

Reality

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 7:59 pm
Maybe if you post where your partner lives somebody will know of a store nearby that delivers?

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 8:57 pm
I'm not sure if my partner is on this forum and if I post the location it will be obvious to her who I am. That's y I need a place that delivers nationwide.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:33 pm
Why can't you make one up yourself, put it in a box and send it in the mail? It will be MUCH MUCH cheaper and you can personalize it!

busydev

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:42 pm
when I was engaged I mailed one to dh. fraction of the price...

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:08 pm
I'm not making any this year, just buying a very few small ready made ones.
How do you mail it so there's no breakage?

bubbebia

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:31 pm
If you make something up yourself, pack it up in a metal tin and go to someplace like a UPS store where they will pack it up so that it won't break. Send things like candy and nuts which are less likely to be broken or crushed and don't send any liquids. I've done it too and it wasn't so cheap.

debsey

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:44 pm
I did this for my partner in torah for several years - it was a lot of fun. For someone not from a frum area, even getting pre-packaged hamantaschen, grape juice, and maybe Chanuka gelt is exciting. I'd just package it in a sturdy box with lots of filler paper, put cute Purim stickers on the box, maybe stick in a gragger or a Purim coloring book for her kids (if she has any) and ship it off.
So much more exciting than a fancy canned one from a BP store that's meant to impress people who get 50+ shalach manos a year.
debs

studying_torah

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:15 am
Thanks for the ideas!! Smile

Mal 1

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 2:57 pm
Oh! Nuts has those gourmet chocolate dipped hamantashen that they're advertising right now... not too expensive, from what I was able to see. and very pretty! free shipping, I think

agreer

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 3:59 pm
You don't have to send something big. It's really the thought that counts.

I send to my siblings all over the country via priority mail at the post office. I use the small flat-rate box ($5) and fill it with cookies (homemade) and fruit leather/lollipops. You could also do the medium box for $12 (approx) and fill it with whatever's on sale in your local grocery. That way you can just send it out 2 days before purim and it'll get there!

shabri

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 4:33 pm
Check out Kiruv.com. They have a subsidized mm to send
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics