Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Family simcha...collectors

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 3:20 pm
I know I have no right to be judgemental, I give ALOT of tzedakah. I am sure no one wants to be collecting, and B"H I used to be at that point where people told me to go collect but I was to proud to do it. B"H hashem managed to make sure I never had to collect, but I did go to food pantries and apply for assistance.

But I have an issue when someone is driving a brand new car, maybe it's borrowed I am not sure. There are so many organizations that can give help, there are federal government assisstance programs available.

This person came up to me at a simcha, and they just stood there staring at me. I knew they wanted to ask, so I kept on avoiding her (a. I had no money, B. I had already given her a check earlier that week!).

Money is tight, she still came up to my husband as we were leaving and it really made me ANGRY.

Yes I know these people need help, but do they think we do not remember already giving them something??

sorry frustrated.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 3:49 pm
People collect at smachos?? shock

agreer

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 4:05 pm
ALL the time in US, esp. in NY-NJ area

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:31 am
And in Jerusalem catering halls. Which is probably another reason that isolated venues on a kibbutz/moshav in the area are really popular.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:43 am
Are these wedding guests or crashers?

abound

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:55 am
Think about how desperate these people must be, THey know you will remember but they are so lost...........

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 5:22 am
DrMom wrote:
Are these wedding guests or crashers?

Some are given tables when you first walk in right by the doorway of the inner hall. Those ask for $. There is one lady who collects rolls. I am uncomfortable with someone asking about the food on the table while I am eating. I feel so bad for her I want to give her my whole meal and then some.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions