Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Help me love my child
Previous  1  2

southernbelle

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 4:07 pm
One idea re: breaking things and messes. I try to never have any possession (besides my jewelry!) that is more precious than my child's feeliNgs. Sofa is under a slipcover. Special wedding gifts are packed away. And regarding messes, I try to clean them together with her, with me doing most of it but training her little by little how to sweep, wipe up. It's easier to spray fantastic than to scream. In terms of the physical gashmius part, as the song goes, Let It Go! Because if she could do better she would, and your sanity and her self esteem are more important than cleanliness or possessions (To a point, of course!) And you have much bigger fish to fry. Chazak!

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 4:11 pm
obviously you love your child !!!

so when things break down & you have a hard day and you want to scream & you do scream ... and you want to cry & you do cry - in that moment you can't think

but when all is said & done & you get through the crisis of the day/hour/week/month ... you fall back on that unconditional love without guilt - knowing that you tried your best

& in those good/better moments you reach out to child ... you seek help [with child's therapist/social worker or as you are now in venting] & you realize that you've risen above the wave & you carry on & pat yourself on the back - along with said child & bask in the good moments that are perhaps few, far & wide
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)