Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Family Bar Mitzvah

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 3:24 am
We are having a Bar Mitzvah in a few weeks and are taking family and some close friends away for the Shabbos. Originally we thought we had a certain amount of rooms available to accommodate our guest list and then found out that we are short about 7 rooms. The question is who do I cut from my list? Cousin's married children who do not know us that well or the close friends that are almost like family? I'm so torn about this!!

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 5:18 am
I'd go for cousins married children since you said they're not close

animeme

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 7:02 am
Did you already invite these people?

If not, I agree, cut the married cousins' kids, and do it across the board at that level so you are consistent. That way there are no fights or resentments.

If you have invited people and have to uninvite, I would go with friends, even though I wouldn't want to. Friends tend to understand things like this, particularly when you explain it as a family issue. Family, on the other hand, can get slighted, and then you are stuck dealing with it for years to come.

Before this, though, I'd check in to make sure how many of those cousins are actually planning to come.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 9:10 am
Just a thought. Is it possible to put up the overflow guests in another hotel within reasonable walking distance?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics