Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
9 days menus-lo carb

Rosemarie

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 11:35 am
I need menu ideas for 9 day that are lo or no carb. So pastas and breaded eggplant and all those type of foods won't work, though I might make them for my kids and make separate for for the adults. We don't really want to eat fish every single day.
Any ideas?

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 11:39 am
Carbless pizza (dough made with riced cauliflower, cheese and egg). Serve with soup or/and salad.
Salad with falafel balls skip the pita bread or use whole wheat.
Soup is the best filler and if your house is air conditioned it won't make you too hot.

grace413

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 11:39 am
I'm in the same boat. It's basically fish, eggs and vegetables. Unless you like tofu.

I have a nice broccoli cheese casserole. If you want, I can post the recipe on Sunday.

Rosemarie

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 11:41 am
grace413 wrote:
I'm in the same boat. It's basically fish, eggs and vegetables. Unless you like tofu.

I have a nice broccoli cheese casserole. If you want, I can post the recipe on Sunday.

I would love the recipe when you have a chance. Thanks!

mandksima

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 11:49 am
I also eat only fish, eggs and vegetables during the nine days. No dairy, no grains, no legumes. I can eat nuts and seeds. Very boring... I just pick a vegetable or a few and add a protein. Add a soup or salad. I will probably make a loaf of nut/seed bread because there will be slim pickings. I do eat a lot of sweet potato though which isn't low carb but a good carb. Be sure to add lots of healthy fats to make you fuller and satisfied.

Riceless sushi is good if you like it. You can used cooked fish or lox if you want. Use a thin egg omelet or cauliflower rice instead of the regular rice.

Butternut squash tomato soup with cilantro - good cold as well
Egg drop soup
Zucchini sweet potato soup is good cold

Vegetable fish patties
Can you use skinny pasta or zucchini strips as pasta?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 12:54 pm
Zucchini lasagna with crudites and ranch dip
Almond crusted eggplant Parmesan with a leafy salad
Zoodles alfredo and Caesar salad with grape tomatoes instead of croutons
Salmon burgers with cauliflower mock potato salad
Tuna steaks with butternut squash fries
Flounder spinach roll ups with cauliflower rice
Vegetable frittata, omelette rolade or French omelettes with oopsie rolls
Portobello mushroom pizza with Greek salad and butternut squash soup
Baked falafel balls over avocado relish and drizzled with tehina

grace413

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 1:09 pm
Broccoli Cheese Pie

4 cups cottage cheese
2 pkgs frozen chopped broccoli (I use 1 800 gram bag, don't know how it comes in the states)
6 eggs beaten
6 tbsp flour (you use less)
1/2 lb grated cheese
1/4 c. il
1 tsp salt
pepper and garlic powder to taste

Defrost broccoli and drain well. Add to mashed cottage cheese. Add eggs, flour, grated cheese, oil and seasonings.

Mix and pour into 9 x 13 pan or 2 9 inch pie plates. Bake at 350 for about one hour.

Freezes well.

I frequently leave salt out of recipes, but this one needs it.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 2:21 pm
I don't have a recipe off the top of my head, but vegetable stews with beans are great. Anything that is made up of beans and lentils with vegetables served with rice or quinioa is healthy and filling.

If you have the Norene Gilletz book "Meal Leani Yum" (now called "Healthy Helpings") or another book "Norene's Healthy Kitchen" there are some great ideas.

I hope this helps.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 2:45 pm
dee's mommy wrote:
I don't have a recipe off the top of my head, but vegetable stews with beans are great. Anything that is made up of beans and lentils with vegetables served with rice or quinioa is healthy and filling.

If you have the Norene Gilletz book "Meal Leani Yum" (now called "Healthy Helpings") or another book "Norene's Healthy Kitchen" there are some great ideas.

I hope this helps.

Non of your suggestions are really lo carb. Beans and lentils, rice and quinoa are all healthy but starchy. We can't have carbs right now so I need other ideas. Thanks anyway

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 2:46 pm
grace413 wrote:
Broccoli Cheese Pie

4 cups cottage cheese
2 pkgs frozen chopped broccoli (I use 1 800 gram bag, don't know how it comes in the states)
6 eggs beaten
6 tbsp flour (you use less)
1/2 lb grated cheese
1/4 c. il
1 tsp salt
pepper and garlic powder to taste

Defrost broccoli and drain well. Add to mashed cottage cheese. Add eggs, flour, grated cheese, oil and seasonings.

Mix and pour into 9 x 13 pan or 2 9 inch pie plates. Bake at 350 for about one hour.

Freezes well.

I frequently leave salt out of recipes, but this one needs it.

Sounds yum. Think I can leave out the flour completely? Or use almond flour instead?

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 2:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Zucchini lasagna with crudites and ranch dip
Almond crusted eggplant Parmesan with a leafy salad
Zoodles alfredo and Caesar salad with grape tomatoes instead of croutons
Salmon burgers with cauliflower mock potato salad
Tuna steaks with butternut squash fries
Flounder spinach roll ups with cauliflower rice
Vegetable frittata, omelette rolade or French omelettes with oopsie rolls
Portobello mushroom pizza with Greek salad and butternut squash soup
Baked falafel balls over avocado relish and drizzled with tehina

Can I ask for recipes for zoodles Alfredo and almond crusted eggplant Parmesan?

grace413

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 3:33 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Sounds yum. Think I can leave out the flour completely? Or use almond flour instead?

You could definitely use almond flour. If you don't use any flour I think it will still taste as good but it won't slice nicely. Let me know if you try no/less flour, I'm curious.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 3:36 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Can I ask for recipes for zoodles Alfredo and almond crusted eggplant Parmesan?
zoodles alfredo: make zucchini noodles using a julienne peeler or spiralizer. sauté in a drop of olive oil for 2 minutes until heated though. toss with alfredo sauce.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....fredo

almond crusted eggplant parmesan: slice eggplant into 1/2" rounds. dip into seasoned beaten egg. dredge in seasoned and toasted (2 minutes in hot pan) ground almonds. arrange on greased cookie sheet pans and brush or spray tops with more olive oil. bake in oven preheated to 425 for 25 minutes, flipping over eggplant rounds halfway through.
spread marinara sauce over half the eggplant rounds. add shredded cheese. add another layer of eggplant, marinara and cheese over each one. bake until lightly golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes. you can add a dried bay leaf to top the of each round for a pretty presentation. serve 2-3 stacks per person.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 3:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
zoodles alfredo: make zucchini noodles using a julienne peeler or spiralizer. sauté in a drop of olive oil for 2 minutes until heated though. toss with alfredo sauce.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....fredo

almond crusted eggplant parmesan: slice eggplant into 1/2" rounds. dip into seasoned beaten egg. dredge in seasoned and toasted (2 minutes in hot pan) ground almonds. arrange on greased cookie sheet pans and brush or spray tops with more olive oil. bake in oven preheated to 425 for 25 minutes, flipping over eggplant rounds halfway through.
spread marinara sauce over half the eggplant rounds. add shredded cheese. add another layer of eggplant, marinara and cheese over each one. bake until lightly golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes. you can add a dried bay leaf to top the of each round for a pretty presentation. serve 2-3 stacks per person.

Wow! Thanks. Can't wait to try. I am almost excited for the 9 days

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 3:59 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Wow! Thanks. Can't wait to try. I am almost excited for the 9 days

My pleasure.
You can use a mandoline (make sure you have cut resistant mandoline gloves) to cut zucchini into lasagna "noodles", roast, pat dry of liquid, use to make lasagna.
You can marinate Portobello mushroom caps in Italian dressing, spoon on marinara, sprinkle with cheese and bake until bubbly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals