Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Sleep and my 3 yr. old
Previous  1  2

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 19 2005, 10:16 pm
Quote:
she doesnt notice it until she goes to sleep because she is so busy. or is this a delay tactic?

Keep an eye on it but could be a delay tactic too. Though no harm checking with Dr too Wink

ForeverYoung

Post Fri, Feb 25 2005, 10:47 am
tell her that the best medicine is curling up in her bed.
see if that wii 'cure' the aches

proudmom

Post Fri, Feb 25 2005, 11:48 am
ForeverYoung wrote:
tell her that the best medicine is curling up in her bed.
see if that wii 'cure' the aches

tried it doesnt work

chochma73

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 12:04 pm
Are your kids having a nap during the day?
If they are this could be the reason for making so much trouble before going to bed, they are just not tired enough.
My two year old has been impossible in the last month every night he runs out of his bed and keeps everyone else up.
I'm cutting out his nap and hopefully IY"H it will work

queenie

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 10:45 pm
Are you consistant with your rules during the day? If your kids know that they can push you around during the day they will try it at night too.

Remember, no empty threats and no empty promises. Always be consistant and follow through.

If a child wakes up or just gets up don't even talk to them. If they say something to you just say it's bedtime. No smiles. Just pick them up, and tuck them in, one quick kiss and shut the door. Even if you have to do it 20 times, they will get the message. NO TALKING!

And no, you should never ever lock up your children.

ZIVA

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 6:20 pm
yes I agree with that its dangerous to lock kids in room and pobably also emotionally damaging! im still struggling to get my kids into bed and I ve been struggling now for 21 years !!!

raizy

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 8:48 pm
I never lock my kids in the room . it is very dangerous. but I did use gates to keep my 2.5 yr old in the room like this he can see out but not come out. that worked for my oldest son . but my 3rd kid was smarter then that he climbed out of his crib at 10 months and climbed right over the gate.

but he does go to sleep when he is tired at 6:30 p.m. every night . I have a problem with my oldest kid he does not want to go to sleep . at all..... he colors etc or drives me insane... usually at nine o'clock he konks out on my bed or hubby bed....

Rivka

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 1:29 pm
My son will not go to sleep unless either hubby or I lie in his bed with him or if he is in my bed I have to lie down with him and if I don't he has hysterics.
When he is asleep I leave him in his bed and then he sleeps really nicely but then sometime early morning I don't know when he comes into our room coz all you need to do is push the door and climbs into my bed.
Sometimes he can wake up earlier screaming and no matter how many times he falls asleep and gets put back to bed he will wake up screaming.
I think he is having nightmares, but I really am fed up.
It is too cruel to close his door on him.

nechamashifra

Post Wed, Apr 27 2005, 10:34 am
A friend advised me to do the following and it really works if you stick with it:
Allow your child to get up twice for a drink or bathroom. After that, no more excuses. You say good night darling and blabla and then if they continuue to get up, you do not make eye contact and do not talk to them, you just pick him/her up and place them back in their bed. You repeat this however many times they get up, just keep putting them back to bed and not talking to them. It really works. I put my 2 year old back in his bed twice and he dd nt bother getting up again.

Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 27 2005, 10:47 am
Quote:
nechamashifra wrote:
You say good night darling and blabla and then if they continuue to get up, you do not make eye contact and do not talk to them, you just pick him/her up and place them back in their bed. You repeat this however many times they get up, just keep putting them back to bed and not talking to them. It really works.

that really does work, it's how I did it with the girls. it's babies I have trouble with.....

raizy

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 10:35 pm
it only works when my son is good and tired . that means never . what I would do is close and lock MY door and then he stands there and tells me all the reasons why I should open up . after ten minets of that he usally wonders off runs into his room and goes to bed. when I dont hear him anymore then I open up the door.... look into his room and he is fast asleep. he evens covers himself properly....

but now I am starting to have problems with my daughter . ugh as soon as u get over something with one child then the next child starts the same stusth....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers