Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you actually like venettinis?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

do you like the look of venettinis?
yes  
 55%  [ 92 ]
no  
 24%  [ 41 ]
a little  
 14%  [ 25 ]
other  
 5%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 167

zigi

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:30 am
stride rite only had 50$ super ugly shoes in the store. dd got sneakers in the end. but stride rite is only nice for little girls.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:48 am
A serious question for those who buy these expencive shoes that "last the season". The season is from First day of school to pesach, right? Then a new pair?

So what if your childs feet grow a size 2 months before pesach? Cant buy summerie pesach shoes a bit too early. Buy another pricy pair? Seriously - what do you do?

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:08 am
watergirl wrote:
A serious question for those who buy these expencive shoes that "last the season". The season is from First day of school to pesach, right? Then a new pair?

So what if your childs feet grow a size 2 months before pesach? Cant buy summerie pesach shoes a bit too early. Buy another pricy pair? Seriously - what do you do?

My criteria is comfort, not heirloom quality durability. I have often bought sale shoes end of season, or transition shoes that are used before and after sandal/sneaker season.

I am not strict about first day of school new shoes for boys. They get when they need.

suzyq

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:17 am
I think they are ugly. Have never been able to figure out why they are popular.

spring13

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:26 am
For people saying "my daughter needs the wide band to hold it on her foot" - whatever happened to mary janes? Let me guess - they're "nerdy" even for 5 year olds? What about ankle boots? Other brands might fit narrower to begin with. My DD has a normal sized foot, but she's tried on ordinary shoes (not special sizes) that were in fact too narrow.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:27 am
spring13 wrote:
For people saying "my daughter needs the wide band to hold it on her foot" - whatever happened to mary janes? Let me guess - they're "nerdy" even for 5 year olds? What about ankle boots? Other brands might fit narrower to begin with. My DD has a normal sized foot, but she's tried on ordinary shoes (not special sizes) that were in fact too narrow.

Right. Venettinis are not narrow.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:30 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
Right. Venettinis are not narrow.

Agree - the loafer styles are very wide.

The band ones can work for narrow feet because the elastic holds.

There are also these scrunchy-back options, which my girls maintain are VERY uncomfortable, and they do not wear them.

spring13

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:33 am
I'm thinking of starting a thread for links to shoes that are not V's, but are worthwhile in terms of style, quality, and price...bonus points if they're narrow!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:33 am
spring13 wrote:

My daughter would never buckle a mary jane. Have done the velcro style, but had some experiences with needing to replace the velcro, which wears out. Older kids won't wear the Mary Jane style either. My 2nd grader won't anymore. She had those in Primary.

DD's school does not allow ankle boots.

zigi

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:35 am
it can be hard to find maryjanes in larger sizes. dd can't wear a slip on shoes. it falls off. she needs a strap.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:38 am
spring13 wrote:
I'm thinking of starting a thread for links to shoes that are not V's, but are worthwhile in terms of style, quality, and price...bonus points if they're narrow!

Narrow shoes are an issue in children's sizes. Not many children's shoe companies make an A, AA, AAA, S, N, etc. There are some dress shoes with a slight heel which do come in narrow sizing, but I know that that style won't go in the Yeshivish/Chassidish/Etc. world. Once you hit a ladies size 5 or so, you'd be able to go onto adult sizes which come in Narrow fronts & ankles.

supty

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:52 am
I think they're cute(ish) for really small kids, like under age 3, but after that they look kinda dorky to me. I live in ny, and yes, I see lots of kids wearing them, but I don't think it's the kids that are necessarily "in style." Once you see so many people wearing them they're already not considered fashionable anymore - trends change fast and these have been around for years already. It's only on this site where I see people talking about them as if they're the greatest shoes to be created..

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 11:55 am
amother wrote:

The only item I like in this photo is the cute gentlemen in the blazer.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 1:55 pm
This is sad. How absurd to spend over $100 on a pair of kids' shoes (Atlantas), when there are cute shoes that are good quality and are significantly cheaper. Seriously, the pressure to fit in in our communities is ridiculous and disgusting, in my opinion. Calling someone a "neb" b/c they have Venettinis... seriously!??!

sky

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:10 pm
supty wrote:
I think they're cute(ish) for really small kids, like under age 3, but after that they look kinda dorky to me. I live in ny, and yes, I see lots of kids wearing them, but I don't think it's the kids that are necessarily "in style." Once you see so many people wearing them they're already not considered fashionable anymore - trends change fast and these have been around for years already. It's only on this site where I see people talking about them as if they're the greatest shoes to be created..

Its so funny because I think they are too mature for kids under 3. I don't think a kid under 3 belongs in a loafer.

abaker

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:19 pm
I think some are cute, but don't have big kids yet so haven't purchased any though....and where I live, it's not a fashion show so I don't feel pressure to buy certain brands. I just buy what is comfortable, looks nice, and stays in budget BH

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:04 pm
sky wrote:
Its so funny because I think they are too mature for kids under 3. I don't think a kid under 3 belongs in a loafer.

I always got my kids high-top shoes as toddlers. Grew up that way myself (anyone remember those white (for the first day, maybe) high-top shoes of yesteryear?

After that it was Mary Jane or T-straps for ages......

Loafers? Like upper grade and high school.

spring13

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:11 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My daughter would never buckle a mary jane. Have done the velcro style, but had some experiences with needing to replace the velcro, which wears out. Older kids won't wear the Mary Jane style either. My 2nd grader won't anymore. She had those in Primary.

DD's school does not allow ankle boots.

It's like I can't help myself...but would these work? Not that you're necessarily shopping now, but is this the kind of thing that would otherwise meet the need? Would middle school kids wear that? It's definitely a good brand.

For schools that have shoes requirements, what are typical rules? Any non-sneakers in navy or black? Would something like this be legal?

simchat

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 6:39 pm
I really hate that style shoe and I hope my daughter doesn`t grow up to like them either. Where I live, it`s quite a mix - some kids wear those, some sneakers and others any other type. I usually get something that will look good with tights and socks as I buy shoes when she outgrows them, not seasonally (except I`ll get sandals as well in summer for non school days as I hate sandals with socks! lol). So a sneaker-y type of shoe so it`s comfortable but looks okay with tights or leggings too (I usually like the converse or sketchers brands, cute and cheap and they last quite well). Always with velcro straps as she can`t tie laces yet. This year she started wearing uniform and I found the cutest pair of red mary janes (with a velcro strap!). I honestly can`t fathom how people like the venetinni style. And had never even heard of Atlantas! Also, only the Jewish stores here sell them and I rarely shop at Jewish stores.

Dandelion1

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 10:24 pm
With my eldest dd I was very conscious of the whole fitting in issue.... I did get her the venettinis, I personally thought they were so cute and trendy looking at the time and I pretty much bulldozed her into it. So many others had them and I congratulated myself for being a with-it mom who got dd the items it took to look "right". Mainly because I spent my entire childhood looking "wrong".

Well the joke was on me I suppose because dd spent the rest of that year begging for the incredibly cool Payless something or others that one or two of the girls had.....
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics