Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Bedtime?
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 2:26 pm
smss wrote:
There are schools that still give detention?

You better believe it!

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 2:28 pm
I dont believe in room time for teens. Nor had I ever heard of it before this site. I think its inappropriate and demeaning to banish kids to their room at an age when they can be babysitting/ working/ driving....
In any case, it would never fly here, it's such an alien concept. In fact, it's common here for kids to study/ hang out with friends until very late.
If you need alone time as an adult with teens, you can make your own room time.

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 2:32 pm
As teens we did not have bed time but at a certain time usually 9 and later my mother would joke she was off duty and we were expected to entertain ourselves in our rooms. Whether or not we went to sleep was up to us but there was an expectation that you at least relax in your room. My father and I had a deal that I got a ride to school if I was ready to leave as early as him so that was motivation enough to get me up and out of the house in the morning.

kenz

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 3:05 pm
Tablepoetry wrote:
I dont believe in room time for teens. Nor had I ever heard of it before this site. I think its inappropriate and demeaning to banish kids to their room at an age when they can be babysitting/ working/ driving....
In any case, it would never fly here, it's such an alien concept. In fact, it's common here for kids to study/ hang out with friends until very late.
If you need alone time as an adult with teens, you can make your own room time.

I don't do room time either. My teens actually love being alone in their rooms a little too much. It's not about them being out of my hair, I just want them to be healthy and get some sleep.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children