Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel gets so tangled

smile4

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 9:39 pm
Anyone have any tips for how to handle tangled sheitels? I recently bought a new fall and it gets tangled so quickly. My old sheitels never got tangled - I didn't realize how lucky I was til now! Any advice for how to detangle? I'm afraid to comb it too much!

trixx

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 10:27 pm
mine used to get tangled at nape of neck and I would sit and comb but eventually stopped, now it doesn't get tangled. maybe it just needs some time and wash/sets. I used biosilk silk therapy shine (recommended by the woman of eponymous wig line) and a gentle brush. sephora sells a great detangling brush that I use when I wash it myself. and if it can stand to be gently tangled then just leave it alone.

user2

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 11:36 pm
if its unfresh, you can spray "psssst" a dry shampoo, and then comb. I use it between washings

smile4

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 10:31 pm
Well I've had it since January, so I guess it's not just a matter of time Sad What is biosilk silk therapy shine? Is it a shampoo? (I don't wash it myself.) Or is it a spray that can be used between washings? I'll look into the pssst dry shampoo - anyone know where I can get it?

trixx

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 11:44 pm
biosilk is a spray for shine so it's oily enough to brush but not too oily that it's oily. lol. but I did try not to use it too much.
psst is on amazon, just search for dry shampoo.
btw after seeing that post by user2 I got out my bottle of psst and sprayed the sheitel and it combed beautifully! still recommend that brush by sephora. it's called detangling and it's like $20, a little expensive but really works!

user2

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 11:17 am
you can get the pssst spray at any pharmacy

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 12:51 pm
Is it knotty? If it is more severe than regular tangles, it might be a ph problem and need a ph bath.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels