Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
An offer
Previous  1  2

mumsy23

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 12:07 pm
A lot of stuff was deleted by the posters so now its difficult to understand the original issue. Someone started this thread inquiring if anybody would give out their social# to be used by an illegal to work Rolling Eyes

I guess you understand why that person deleted the offer...

Crayon210

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 12:43 pm
brooklyn wrote:
Of course they won't listen, why should they they are getting cheap labor and when does a Jew pass up a bargain. Twisted Evil And let's face it many Jews do not feel that secular laws apply to them, however if they they claim to be religious and follow the laws of the Torah and the rabbonin then they would know the following, dinah d'malchusa dinah.

I thought I remember that a few years ago, Giuliani's chief of police was up for some big position in Washington and stepped down when they found out he'd had an illegal cleaning lady for years.

There are also lots of farmers out in the western part of this country who hire illegals. I don't know of that many Jewish grape farmers in California, do you?

It's not just a Jewish problem, and it's rude of you to pretend that only Jews do such things.

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 12:57 pm
Mumsy - actually, if you pay her more than $1,500 per year, your cleaning lady is covered by social security/medicare, which means you have to pay the employer portion of those taxes, and withold the employee portion from her pay.

she may not have an income tax liability, if she is below a certain threshold, but you still have an Employer tax liability (and she may be eligible for certain tax credits/refunds).

hm - thats an interesting question.....how many people on this site actually pay taxes on their household employees......I only know one other person who does.

taffy

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 11:19 pm
I deleted the posts.

I had someone in my house, my computer was on, she posted under my screen name. I didn't know it until I read the thread a day later. I don't think she's come back to check responses as she does not have internet access, and she doesn't know I deleted her posts Smile And next time she comes to my house...computer is passworded now!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics