Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Street parking near Bronx Zoo?

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 07 2015, 11:41 am
Has anyone ever successfully parked on the street near the Bronx Zoo? What streets are closest to an entrance that is near actual animals?

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 07 2015, 11:18 pm
for the record, in case someone searches for this in the future: Using google maps side by side with the zoo map, I figured that Southern Boulevard seems to be the only zoo entrance that's near regular streets. It's also near some chunks of zoo that we didn't get a good look at last time. So I went straight for Southern Blvd, because I'm not familiar with the area I just drove until I saw the zoo entrance before even looking for parking, turned onto the nearest street, and easily found parking right there. There seemed to be some spots available right on Southern Pkwy itself too, I just didn't snag one because I didn't know how close I was to the zoo until I got there. Really not hard or scary at all. The drive didn't even take as long as I expected, and that was WITH some significant congestion in spots. It was a GREAT day, I was worried about free-Wednesday overcrowding but it was really fine, a little busy but not uncomfortable for the most part. So glad we went and got in our zoo experience in great weather for only the cost of tolls (which was anyway less than MTA fare for two would be)

ahuva06

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 2:33 am
Any time I ever parked there either my windows got busted, GPS stolen, etc.. I wouldn't recommend parking in the street.

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 9:11 am
Oh well I guess we got lucky... and I never leave visible technology in my car. It's also really old and unattractive, fwiw. But I guess between prayers and parking near the main street, I'm just happy I didn't read this yesterday. If my choices had been $20 parking lot or 2 hours on the subway, we probably would have stayed home and missed a great day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries