Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Prevent knots in back of sheitel

mk613

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:06 pm
I have a new sheitel fall, a little longer than shoulder length. It gets knots underneath in the back. I don't think it's excessive, but is there a way to reduce it?

Would leave-in conditioner (or any other product) help? Would that be bad for the wig?Or do I just have to always comb it out after I wear it?

Thanks!

mk613

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 2:28 pm
Anyone?

Lizajen

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 11:20 pm
It's also been happening to me. Any ideas?

happyfaces

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 12:34 am
I dont know if it prevents from knots... Otoh I didn't have that problem. I brush my wig before wearing and after. As per my shitel macher. You need a good brush and be careful don't to tear out hair, you wanna do it soft.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:03 am
No tips for you, just that I know some shaitels are more knotty than others. If yours is particularly knotty maybe consider taking it back to the person you bought it from and have them do a deep conditioning or treatment of some sort to prevent the knots.

And get ready for the winter - because coats are notorious for making shaitels knotty!!

champion

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:40 am
I suffered frim this a lot,
I got a good brush for sheital knots and a spray frim my sheital macher. she told me that I should brush out the knots after every wear because hairs will break from sraying knotted. I use the shpritz and then brush out the sheital. gently frim the bottom up

queenert

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 10:48 am
I found this happening when it need a wash. (I could never tell on my own.)
Fortune has great instructions on their website of how to do a wash at home. Totally solved my knots.

chanie123

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 1:49 pm
Hi I do shaitels. I deal with knotty wigs all the times. There r solutions. If it's a birds nest it's bad hair but regular knotting is preventable. I deep condition the bottom hair. And then u put a little serum on the nape and when wig is dry slowly straight iron bottom hair with a comb and iron. Do it a few times. This will make hair really soft and won't knot. I live in Cedarhurst I charge 30 for wash and set and if you'd like to come over I'd be happy to show anyone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels