Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bathroom issues. Please Help.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 3:18 pm
It started about 3 weeks ago. My daughter told me she needs to run to the bathroom every minute. (Or she doesn't know when she needs to go cuz she keeps it in) over the weekends I don't hear a word of complain everything is ok with her.
Every day she's in school fr the last 3 weeks I get a phone call from the secretary that she's crying and feels like she needs to go to bathroom every minute.
She claims she's scared to go in school, it irritates her and the tissues in school are too small.
Anyone had a similar experience?
She was by dr twice and everything came out negetive.
Sat a few hours in school today to take her when she needs to go. I hope it'll help her.
Please give me ideas how to go about it.
Thanks!!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 3:38 pm
Send her with a packet of moist, flushable wipes. I like the Kirkland Costco brand. I could not get DD to wipe for ages, and now she finally does. It turned out to be a sensory thing. Also, ask her if the flushing in the bathroom is too loud. It freaks DD out really bad

I didn't understand DD's problem with using the school bathroom until I visited one day, and needed to use it. Oh. My. Gosh. shock shock shock Picture the bathroom in a Russian prison, and you'll have a pretty good idea. It was beyond filthy. They mop the middle of the floors, and left the corners deep in years worth of grime. Never any soap or paper towels. The doors were so low that even a 5th grader could walk by and see right into the stalls without even trying. The plumbing was so ancient that a flush was literally deafening. Nasty rust streaks stained all the porcelain. All I can say is thank G-d that was the day I had come to pull her out of school for good. Whew

So based on my experience, go to her school and see what the bathrooms are like. Have her carry her own wet wipes, and if things don't resolve, ask if she can be allowed to use a teacher's bathroom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children