Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Low-cost pediatric physical therapy in Chicago

bigsis144

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 1:57 pm
Quick vent before I begin: I HATE DEALING WITH INSURANCE. IT MAKES ME FEEL STUPID AND HELPLESS AND IT NEVER IS CONSISTENT OR MAKES SENSE. EVERYTHING IS NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED AND OBFUSCATED. How/When do I become a real grown-up who understands these things????? If I'm not making sense it's probably because I don't really understand what is going on. Sorry.

My 3 year old son is super klutzy. He's had stitches 3 times **in his face alone** since he started walking, tips off of chairs and couches occasionally, and just generally is the type of kid who trips over his own feet.

I had a panel of professionals (OT, PT, speech, developmental therapist...) from Early Intervention come about 9 months ago to check if he needed services, but they said he was within normal range.

It's 9 months later and at DS's yearly well visit I asked his pediatrician if we could have DS evaluated again.

The pediatrician's office (Kids First in Skokie) wrote us a referral to Northshore Pediatric Therapy in Lincolnwood and DS had was evaluated last night. B"H, nothing serious, just general low balance/coordination and low core strength (so he doesn't really self-correct when he's off balance. Without his core to stabilize, he just keeps tipping forward/backward/to the side.). PT will be helpful to nip this in the bud, and I'd rather fix it now than after he's fallen down a flight of stairs...

This is my first foray into this world, and I think my insurance is going to make me go up to a $2500 deductible before starting to pay for anything. Northshore Pediatric Therapy's rates are $160/session. Is that typical?

My mother told me that in California (where I grew up) there are government-related Regional Centers that provide low-cost Early Intervention-type services. I think EI in Illinois ends when a kid turns 3, but in California it definitely went longer.

Is there a similar type of through-the-government or other low-cost PT option?

Once again, sorry if I'm not making sense.

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 2:18 pm
PMing you as I dont want to speak badly in public about anyone.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 7:11 pm
I used to work in the clinic on Woods Drive . Is that the one you're referring to?
Sadly , that's the going rate . It's actually quite reasonable .
You can jump through hoops and apply for a fee reduction . Contact the business office . If you call the clinic they can give you the number .
JCFS offer therapy on a sliding fee scale , but I think they only offer PT in Northbrook .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics