Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Letting all the Syrian refugees in - is Obama insane?!?
Previous  1  2  3

wiki

Post Sat, Nov 21 2015, 8:38 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I don't want the refugees allowed in for a simple reason: They are Muslims. Sounds racist, no? Here are the facts about Muslims. People argue, well its only a fractional minority that support ISIS and other terror groups. But what about the fact that polls show that close to 40% of Muslims would support Sharia law? That means that around 40% (it actually might be a higher percentage) of Muslims would like to so people who commit adultery stoned to death. They would like to see people's arms hacked off for stealing. They would like to see apostates killed. I'm sorry, I know America was founded on individual freedoms but they need to keep theirs somewhere else. I don't need these types living in my neighborhood and I'm sure you don't want them in yours. Take 2 minutes and google "what percentage of Muslims support sharia law"? After that tell tell me you have no problem allowing these types in your country.

You'd have to read very closely to that poll question to know exactly what it's talking about.
Is there any sort of dispute in your life for which you would visit a halachic Beis Din?

Wait, you mean you would support halacha law?

I'm not saying that the 40% were necessarily answering the question along these lines, but how do you know that they weren't?

wiki

Post Sat, Nov 21 2015, 8:40 pm
Local sharia courts are as likely to cut off someone's hand for stealing as your local beis din is likely to stone someone who was mechalel Shabbos.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Nov 21 2015, 8:48 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
Can I respectfully say that your comparison of bais din and shairia courts is absurd. Sharia courts are barbaric. Would it not bother you if there was a sharia court in your neighborhood that would chomp people's arms off if they were convicted of stealing? How about stoning people who left the religion? What about arresting people who mock their prophet? This is not the American way and if it was only a small minority who had these beliefs, then it would be fair to look at those few as a couple of crazies. Since by any legitimate poll the number is at least 40% who support the barbaric behavior I just described, I have a major problem with Muslims and so should you. Would you feel that the Muslims in your neighborhood are not a problem if you would ask them a direct question like "What do you think should be done with me if I make fun of your prophet Muhammad" If their answer is you should be jailed or worse, would you still say they are not a problem? About 40%+ have that very belief.

I would like you to cite one time in the US when any of our 80 sharia courts offered barbaric solutions to civil or criminal issues. I live in a town with a sharia court and less than a hundred miles from a canon law court. These religious courts, including beis din have served their communities for centuries here in the US. I'm not about to condemn my neighbors and community members based on the actions of a few fanatics.

With regards to refugees and the relocation process. They don't walk up to a desk and say I want to go to America and get their whims and wishes granted. Refugees are primarily relocated to areas where they have relatives willing to sponsor them. The second option is to relocate them to communities where they have economic sponsors. No different than how some of my relatives made it to the US post WW2.

Ok stick a fork in me. I'm done.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Nov 21 2015, 8:52 pm
wiki wrote:
Local sharia courts are as likely to cut off someone's hand for stealing as your local beis din is likely to stone someone who was mechalel Shabbos.

Cite one time when that has happened here in a US sharia court?

shoshanim999

Post Sat, Nov 21 2015, 9:50 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I would like you to cite one time in the US when any of our 80 sharia courts offered barbaric solutions to civil or criminal issues. I live in a town with a sharia court and less than a hundred miles from a canon law court. These religious courts, including beis din have served their communities for centuries here in the US. I'm not about to condemn my neighbors and community members based on the actions of a few fanatics.

With regards to refugees and the relocation process. They don't walk up to a desk and say I want to go to America and get their whims and wishes granted. Refugees are primarily relocated to areas where they have relatives willing to sponsor them. The second option is to relocate them to communities where they have economic sponsors. No different than how some of my relatives made it to the US post WW2.

Ok stick a fork in me. I'm done.

I'm certain your relatives didn't believe a woman should be jailed for not covering her hair as is the law in many Muslim countries. The reason that the US sharia courts haven't stoned anybody yet is because they can't. They are still thankfully a small minority in the US and can't expect to get away with the garbage that they do in their native countries. The problem is that sharia law is really not an example of extremism at all. Its simply taking the Koran literally. That's why most Muslim countries in the Middle East, where they can be as barbaric as they want, follow sharia law. Why would anyone assume that If an overwhelming number of Muslims came to the US, they would no longer follow the literal interpretation of the Koran and would give up sharia? If enough of them come here there is no reason to believe there won't be sharia patrols making sure that woman are dressed modestly, and the like.

https://youtu.be/ZDKk15KcqNk

bluebird

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 1:30 am
I thought about this a lot over Shabbat, and it occurred to me that it's dangerous to focus on threats that are minimal, because you will not pay as much attention to threats that are very likely and serious, like homegrown terrorists or student visas.

balabusta

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 1:35 am
Obama is not insane. He is evil...stam.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics