Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Video - Insulting Skinny Rap - Skinny Pinny
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:13 pm
My 3rd grade girls were talking about this video today. I'm so disturbed that parents showed this to their 8-year-old daughters Sad

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:15 pm
thank you all imamothers that were bothered by this. I think this should be taken down. anyone want to volunteer to give them a call that pp are being bothered by this? they should figure out some other type of comedy to raise money for autistic children. this isnt the way. thanks. I think jews have feeling and can still be funny.

trixx

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 11:06 pm
sourstix wrote:
thank you all imamothers that were bothered by this. I think this should be taken down. anyone want to volunteer to give them a call that pp are being bothered by this? they should figure out some other type of comedy to raise money for autistic children. this isnt the way. thanks. I think jews have feeling and can still be funny.

If you are bothered, you make the call yourself.

And then come up with your own brilliant idea to suggest.

Do you know that a production like this must have cost them several thousand dollars? If you're offended, don't watch it and don't support them. No need to bash something already produced.

cookiecutter

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 7:06 am
sourstix wrote:
They should have GAIN for autism. They would make even more money since it is so easy to gain weight and there is really no limit to how much you could gain.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 7:15 am
trixx wrote:
If you are bothered, you make the call yourself.

And then come up with your own brilliant idea to suggest.

Do you know that a production like this must have cost them several thousand dollars? If you're offended, don't watch it and don't support them. No need to bash something already produced.

I think it is hilarious, IMHO, and I personally could stand to lose a few myself Smile , but I dont think this costed too much money, it's just a simple video recorder and some mean talent I think.

debsey

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 9:59 am
cookiecutter wrote:
They should have GAIN for autism. They would make even more money since it is so easy to gain weight and there is really no limit to how much you could gain.

There's a whole Lose for Autism culture that I think some people are missing. The guys who compete do this whole pre-event where they eat as much as possible, so as to have a big number on the scale. They're gaming the game, but it's fine (to them) because they all do it. Then they go on Atkins, which lets a big guy drop a lot of weight really fast (remember, some of these guys play this game every year)
Is this safe? No. Is this in good taste (pun intended)? Not really. But there is a certain "in-joke" quality to it. One of the big Lose4Autism organizers is in the video. It's almost like they are spoofing themselves.
I don't think "Skinny Pinny" is making fun of their weight. I think he's making fun of this whole Lose4Autism subculture, the guy who orders 4 burgers with kishke and pastrami toppings for lunch because "soon I gotta Lose4Autism." It's an "every day is erev Yom Kippur" mentality - the idea is it's a mitzvah to gain, because Lose4Autism is coming.
It's marketing genius. Guilt free eating!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 12:37 pm
"Lose4Autism" is a fundraiser for a school for high-functioning kids with autism in Lakewood. This campaign isn't offensive to autistic kids. I dont like the video, but I dont think the kids care about the video...

penguin

Post Fri, Jan 15 2016, 12:49 pm
I think it's the same guy from Lev Aryeh Aveirah song and Chumra song.

octopus

Post Fri, Jan 15 2016, 1:12 pm
[quote="debsey"]There's a whole Lose for Autism culture that I think some people are missing. The guys who compete do this whole pre-event where they eat as much as possible, so as to have a big number on the scale. They're gaming the game, but it's fine (to them) because they all do it. Then they go on Atkins, which lets a big guy drop a lot of weight really fast (remember, some of these guys play this game every year)
Is this safe? No. Is this in good taste (pun intended)? Not really. But there is a certain "in-joke" quality to it. One of the big Lose4Autism organizers is in the video. It's almost like they are spoofing themselves.
I don't think "Skinny Pinny" is making fun of their weight. I think he's making fun of this whole Lose4Autism subculture, the guy who orders 4 burgers with kishke and pastrami toppings for lunch because "soon I gotta Lose4Autism." It's an "every day is erev Yom Kippur" mentality - the idea is it's a mitzvah to gain, because Lose4Autism is coming.
It's marketing genius. Guilt free eating![/quote]

I'm not commenting on video. Just that it really is so unhealthy the gluttonous eating and then extreme dieting. I don't think it's genius at all.

debsey

Post Fri, Jan 15 2016, 1:34 pm
[quote="octopus"]
debsey wrote:
There's a whole Lose for Autism culture that I think some people are missing. The guys who compete do this whole pre-event where they eat as much as possible, so as to have a big number on the scale. They're gaming the game, but it's fine (to them) because they all do it. Then they go on Atkins, which lets a big guy drop a lot of weight really fast (remember, some of these guys play this game every year)
It's marketing genius. Guilt free eating![/quote]

I'm not commenting on video. Just that it really is so unhealthy the gluttonous eating and then extreme dieting. I don't think it's genius at all.

It's AWFUL. It's also very intelligent marketing. Shall we say, evil genius? From a marketing perspective, brilliant. From an everything else perspective, terrible.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 15 2016, 1:48 pm
I think the women who did the Lose4Autism women contest (or at least the ones I knew) took it much more serious and healthy.

debsey

Post Fri, Jan 15 2016, 3:35 pm
sky wrote:
I think the women who did the Lose4Autism women contest (or at least the ones I knew) took it much more serious and healthy.
makes sense....

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 8:58 pm
Anybody know how to reach this guy? Phone number? Thnx!

bsy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:23 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:

you can PM me

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Pm me.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:32 pm
penguin wrote:
I think it's the same guy from Lev Aryeh Aveirah song and Chumra song.

yup.

bsy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
yup.

Yes, ben miller
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics