Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Scheduling the cleaning lady

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:47 pm
What 3 weekdays would you have the cleaning lady? I have her Monday and Friday. I am trying to decide if Thursday or Wednesday is better for a 3rd day.

Thank you

imeinu

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:59 pm
that would depend on what type of work she is doing. if she is doing day-to-day maintenance, then every other day is more ideal.
however if she is doing weekly/monthly tasks that can be scheduled such as cleaning the fridge or washing windows either way is fine.
the only benefit to having Thursday Friday that I can think of is if she is starting to help pesach clean and having her 2 days back to back will make it easier for her to get back into whatever tasks she was in middle of the day before.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:40 pm
Wednesday if you want ongoing maintenance. Thursday if you want more shabbos cleaning done.

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:54 am
wednesday works for me.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 11:19 am
I would say Wednesday because then it is evenly distributed through the week.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 11:27 am
OP here: I have her Wednesday currently, but I feel tied to the house. At least if she were here on Thursday, I have a mid week block of time. I really don't need her 3 days. I need her more like 2 1/2, but she has to pay the babysitter for a full day anyway. With only two days, she could start working for someone else and I wouldn't have flexibility.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics