Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
4 Year old complaining on forehead....

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 2:08 pm
DD is 4 years old. 4 weeks ago she pointed to her forehead and told me it hurts, for 2 days she complained just a little here and there. then she bh stopped complaining. now, 4 weeks later she mentioned it again, but no major complaining, again she pointed to her forehead and showed me she has little bubu... but when I asked her an hour later, and the next day if it hurts, she told me no.
I really hyperventilate when it comes to health issues, specifically by my kids.... I always jump to the worst possible cause ch"v! I just dont know what to think, if I need to check this out, or need to be concerned....
2 points to mention, she had gotten glasses (due to cross eyes), wore them for 2 weeks and then lost them, I havent gotten a chance b4 pesach to replace them, so I was just thinking if that could have triggered it...
first time she complained about it, she had gotten over a mild cold, perhaps it could have been little sinus? but now she has no cold whatsoever.....
is there any of you mommys that can help me?

myym

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 4:41 pm
I have no medical advice but I was laughing because I am exactly like you and I get crazy paranoid at the littlest symptom in my kids. Im glad I am not the only paranoid nut Wink

MinnieMa

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 8:33 pm
When I read your thread I right away thought to mention go for an eye exam. My daughter complained of headaches for a while till we went to an eye doctor and realized that was the culprit. I don't know about cross eyes but I would say definitely call in to the Optomoligist and ask if discontinuing the use of the glasses could cause headaches... Or mention her headaches and how worried you are. Hatzlacha!

sky

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 8:36 pm
I was going to say eyes before reading the rest.

My 8 year old was complaining about head aches - his forehead hurt. He was really miserable. We first went to peditrician who ordered a bunch of blood work and tests and at the end of the appt checked his eyes and he did poorly. we went for an eye checkup and he needed glasses. The eye dr said something about when they squint or strain it can cause head aches in the front of the head\forehead area above the eyes. After about 3 weeks of wearing glasses he said it was feeling better.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 1:31 pm
I think you've found the culprit ... lack of proper vision can surely give you a headache Nerd

try zenni optical on-line for inexpensive eyeglasses ... you can even get a back-up for loss or breakage

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 1:40 pm
My 5 yr old has been complaining daily for a month now about headaches and I'm just as paranoid. He's been to the pediatrician in the beginning but they contributed to the fact that he had shingles at the time. Over Pesach I went crazy with worry but realized worrying doesnt help. So yesterday I did step number 1, called the optometrist to set up an appointment to see if it's eyes. I have an appointment this week and then we will take it from there...I also know that the nurse did an eye exam in school a few weeks before Pesach and he failed...so I'm hoping that's what the issue is and nothing worse! Hashem should help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics