Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Knee highs

chestnut

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 1:47 pm
do knee highs with small elastic exist? not only the ones I have not reach the knee, they have very wide elastic part, so there is no way I can wear "short" skirts, cause then the elastic shows.

cindy324

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 1:49 pm
I'd go with thigh highs instead, a little breeze and you'll have the top of your knee highs showing.

chestnut

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 1:52 pm
hm, that might be an idea. do only frum places sell those? I buy my knee highs very cheap ($1 smth a pair); how much are thigh highs? how do they stay in place? are they very high up? they don't "fall"?

loveit

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 2:08 pm
I wear knee highs and thigh highs...Since I'm short I sometimes am able to pull the knee highs over my knees. I really like the thigh highs that I use, they are SUPER comfortable. They are very smooth and silky feeling, and the top band is an elastic lace with small strip or rubber or something a little bit sticky so they stay up, I have never had a problem with them slipping. Since I'm short, the thigh highs can go really high but I usually position them about half way between my kneecap and the top of my leg. The only prob is that they are a little pricey (about $10 a pair from Nordstrom) and they don't have a reinforced toe so they run much easier than my knee highs. So I try to not wear the thigh highs too often...if anyone knows where I can get less expensive good quality thigh highs, please let me know too!!

chestnut

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 2:38 pm
sarahliz wrote:
if anyone knows where I can get less expensive good quality thigh highs, please let me know too!!

yes, people, please do. there is no way I'm switching from $1 to $10 a pair Smile

meanwhile, back to my original question - are there knee highs with small elastic part?

chestnut

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 2:52 pm
ok, here is what I found in thigh highs
I love their tights and buy them on sale in rite aid all the time
http://www.nononsense.com/prod.....word={keyword}&mc=NNPSSA

http://www.onehanesplace.com/c.....6987#

loveit

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 3:11 pm
wow, those are much better prices!! How do you know if the color is right, I'm pale but I hate wearing nylons that make me look tan, all you have to do is look at my face and know I'm not that dark!!!

As for knee highs with thin elastic, I have never seen them, if any one has, I would also be interested!!

chestnut

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 3:15 pm
I'm gonna look for no nonsense thigh highs in rite aid (don't want to pay shipping, but will compare the prices against online); there you can see the color in a package. iirc, tan color is darker (I don't like it myself, doesn't look natural, I'm also pale), beige and there is some other color - they are good.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 4:48 pm
get queen size and pull them up over your knees. dd and I have been doing this for YEARS.

chestnut

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 11:55 am
interesting. they don't fall?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 12:19 pm
uh-uh. they're made for a larger woman, truth be told, but you're wearing them, uh, on a larger part of YOU, too.

chestnut

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 11:36 pm
CM, that idea is BRILLIANT!!! I bought one pair today to try - wonderful! I just put it on inside the house and walked around a few minutes, but it wasn't falling (the truth is it was bothering me being above the knee, so I just rolled it below - it has like 3 inches more covered room now!!!!!)

THANK YOU!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics