Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Grilled Hoisin-marinated Butterflied Leg of Lamb

Amarante

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 10:34 am
This is incredibly delicious. I have to seriously restrain myself from not being a total fresser when I make it.

Grilled Hoisin-marinated Butterflied Leg of Lamb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Gourmet

Ingredients:

1/3 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup minced scallions
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
a 6 1/2- to 7 1/2-pound whole leg of lamb, trimmed, boned, and butterflied (4 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds boneless)

Directions:

n a bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, minces scallion, honey, and salt.

Trim as much remaining fat as possible from lamb and in a shallow dish large enough to hold lamb flat spread marinade over both sides of it. Marinate lamb, covered and chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.

Prepare grill.

Bring lamb to room temperature and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 12 to 15 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer registers 140°F. for medium-rate meat. (Alternatively, lamb may be broiled under preheated broiler about 4 inches from heat for approximately the same time on each side as for grilling.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let stand 20 minutes before carving.

Holding a sharp knife at a 45° angle, cut lamb across grain into thin slices. (If planning to make lamb salad, reserve one-third unsliced lamb, covered and chilled.)

To make scallion brushes:
Trim roots and green parts from scallions, leaving about 2 1/2-inch stalks. Make 1/2-inch lengthwise cuts at both ends of stalks and spread fringed ends gently. Put scallions in a bowl of ice and cold water and chill 2 hours, or until fringed ends have curled. Drain scallions well.

Garnish lamb with scallion brushes and serve with eggplant.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics