Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do u earn? How much does dh?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:29 am
wantavaca wrote:
just curious, what kind of part time job is earning you 4000 a month?
and how part time is it?

Im so impressed by all you ladies making so much money! kol hakavod to you!!
(can I know what some of you do?)

4.5 hours. 4 times a week.
Special Ed masters

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:29 am
cm wrote:
In US culture in general, income is considered personal, and many imamothers are in the US.

Even though our screen names are anonymous, many folks prefer not to announce their income online to a bunch of strangers.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 3:54 am
Me: Nurse - 95k
Husband: school so 0$ right now

amother
Orange

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 3:56 am
Me 16,000 shekels, net after tax.
DH 4,000 shekels (very part time)
Israel

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 6:20 am
--
amother wrote:
Me 16,000 shekels, net after tax.
DH 4,000 shekels (very part time)
Israel
wow, amother, can I ask what you do? Thats a great salary. (Im the amother who said her husband made 12 k shekels, but 16 is wonderful)

amother
Orange

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 6:45 am
amother wrote:
--wow, amother, can I ask what you do? Thats a great salary. (Im the amother who said her husband made 12 k shekels, but 16 is wonderful)

Hi-tech, Software programming. 35 hrs per week.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 7:15 am
Dh - "in between jobs" for a long time
Me - 80k

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 7:17 am
What are women doing to earn over 80k?
Really curious!

I'm struggling and woking so hard!

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
Me: Nurse - 95k
Husband: school so 0$ right now

Another, what kind of a nurse are you? I am a nurse too and make less.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 9:03 am
Right now I make 0/year (in school)
DH is in school but works part time (about 12-15/hr) which comes out to abt 10k/yr for the amount of hours he works
Our parents help us out- we get about 25k a year from them, 20k of which goes to rent. So we live on that 5k + my husbands 10k=15k per year but our only expenses are utilities and food. (No kids yet)

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:17 am
Me 70k
DH 55k

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:25 am
Maya wrote:
It's embarrassing to live comfortably on Imamother. It's an old story. You're only virtuous if you're poor Smile

I know this wasn't intended as such, but this comes across as somewhat superciluous and mocking. You are very lucky if you're indeed living comfortably, but you're probably not in tune with the more common struggles of making it through the month.

Having money is not a crime. I'm fortunate that I'm earning a decent salary and able to manage just fine. But if I should ever be blessed with great fortune, I would do my best to keep it quiet and not be dismissive of the "poor". No one looks down on great philanthropists, but it's not hard to be resentful of those with largesse that do not seem to be in tune with the struggles and mindset of most of society.

This is not directed at you; just expressing the feelings that came to mind with your comment.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:44 am
DH: 60k
Me: 50k
Rental income: 10k
Total: 120k

2 kids, one in school, 1 in daycare. We are managing just fine bh. Last year we were earning total of 84k. That was tough. We had to live month to month and we owed on credit cards too.

I'm very hesitant about having another kid now. I think that would tip the balance again and I don't want to be back in that hole.

CPenzias

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:50 am
Very interesting how many women make higher salaries than men.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:13 am
amother wrote:
DH: 60k
Me: 50k
Rental income: 10k
Total: 120k

2 kids, one in school, 1 in daycare. We are managing just fine bh. Last year we were earning total of 84k. That was tough. We had to live month to month and we owed on credit cards too.

I'm very hesitant about having another kid now. I think that would tip the balance again and I don't want to be back in that hole.

When u lived on 84 was that including the rental income? Did u live in a house or apartment then? I have 2 kids and buying a house. Between me and hubby before taxes we will be about 90 plus rental income and I am so nervous about it...

Maya

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
I know this wasn't intended as such, but this comes across as somewhat superciluous and mocking. You are very lucky if you're indeed living comfortably, but you're probably not in tune with the more common struggles of making it through the month.

Having money is not a crime. I'm fortunate that I'm earning a decent salary and able to manage just fine. But if I should ever be blessed with great fortune, I would do my best to keep it quiet and not be dismissive of the "poor". No one looks down on great philanthropists, but it's not hard to be resentful of those with largesse that do not seem to be in tune with the struggles and mindset of most of society.

This is not directed at you; just expressing the feelings that came to mind with your comment.

Firstly, you don't know me, so don't accuse me of not understanding the struggles of the poor. I know very well what it's like to have maxxed out credit cards and no idea where to pay it from. I am very in tune with the struggles of making it through the month, and very sympathetic to that issue, and I don't appreciate you talking to me like I'm some rich b*tch that doesn't understand "normal" people. That is very far from the truth.

Perhaps you're not on this site long enough, but those who are will agree with me that in the past, these issues have come up and have been discussed, the fact that people bragged and were praised for extreme frugality. There was actually the opposite attitude of what you're talking about, where anyone who earned a decent income was looked down upon as not adhering enough to religious values.

Perhaps this attitude hasn't come up here in a while now, but my comment was a reference to past discussions where women who would talk about buying expensive bags or shoes were mocked and ridiculed.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
When u lived on 84 was that including the rental income? Did u live in a house or apartment then? I have 2 kids and buying a house. Between me and hubby before taxes we will be about 90 plus rental income and I am so nervous about it...

No, the 84 was DH 60k and me 24k. We lived in the house but the tenant apt needed work so we were living month to month plus going into credit card debt to renovate the basement because we knew we needed that income. It was bh worth it in the end, the credit cards are paid off and I was bh able to find a better paying job, but that was a very tough year.

I don't know your exact numbers, but if you're managing ok now with rent, and the mortgage doubles your rent but the rental income makes up for the increase you'll be ok.

We just learned the hard way that a rental income is not a guarantee as we saw when it sat empty while we had to renovate it.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:11 pm
Maya wrote:
Firstly, you don't know me, so don't accuse me of not understanding the struggles of the poor. I know very well what it's like to have maxxed out credit cards and no idea where to pay it from. I am very in tune with the struggles of making it through the month, and very sympathetic to that issue, and I don't appreciate you talking to me like I'm some rich b*tch that doesn't understand "normal" people. That is very far from the truth.

Perhaps you're not on this site long enough, but those who are will agree with me that in the past, these issues have come up and have been discussed, the fact that people bragged and were praised for extreme frugality. There was actually the opposite attitude of what you're talking about, where anyone who earned a decent income was looked down upon as not adhering enough to religious values.

Perhaps this attitude hasn't come up here in a while now, but my comment was a reference to past discussions where women who would talk about buying expensive bags or shoes were mocked and ridiculed.

My take home point is not so much that being poor is praiseworthy but that in our community even people who on paper are anything but poor are still struggling to make it through the month between tuitions, large families etc. And not only due to conspicuous consumption like lavish simchas or pesach vacations.

We went through many years of living on a fraction of what I'm earning now. If you had told me 5 years ago that one day I'd be making close to $150k I'd have thought we'd be living like kings. I won't say we struggle for daily bread but we still have to be frugal and watch every penny.

Maya

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:
My take home point is not so much that being poor is praiseworthy but that in our community even people who on paper are anything but poor are still struggling to make it through the month between tuitions, large families etc. And not only due to conspicuous consumption like lavish simchas or pesach vacations.

We went through many years of living on a fraction of what I'm earning now. If you had told me 5 years ago that one day I'd be making close to $150k I'd have thought we'd be living like kings. I won't say we struggle for daily bread but we still have to be frugal and watch every penny.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how what you're saying relates to what I said, or even to what you said in your previous post. I'm confused.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:

To be honest, we make more than that and still have to be frugal and watch what we spend.

Some depends on the community you live, so yes we'd have more discretionary income if we lived elsewhere but basically, very few of my friends who for the most part are part of two income families don't worry about expenses.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics