Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What's up with the double decker stroller?

momagain

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 8:28 am
I've begun looking for a double stroller, and basically, am faced with deciding between the traditional side by side type (I lthink I like the Baby Jogger City) and the Phil & Teds. The saleslady tried to convince me how great the Phil & Teds is, so narrow, so convenient, etc, However, for some reason, I can't see how two kids could be comfortable in that configuration. Putting a child so close to the ground without a front view seems sort of absurd, like a bag of groceries! I'd love to hear your opinions. Maybe I can be convinced that what I'm thinking is just a hang-up that I need to reconsider.

cheerios

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 11:18 am
You're not the only one who thinks that way. That's why there are still other options in strollers out there.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 11:42 am
That's exactly what I thought.
I was one time in a local grocery store and this woman reached underneath her stroller to pull out wahat I thought was a shopping bag - she pulled out a toddler!

justanothermother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:33 pm
Wow. I never heard of this brand before so I had to google it to see what you were talking about.

Poor little baby in the back. What a view Sad

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:51 pm
Amother bec my pregnancy is not public yet.
I understand your veiw, but there are also many positives. I can't IMAGINE how I would be able to manuver a side by side while I can hardly manuver my single. It's probably difficult to squeeze into certain places, elevators, isles, whereas this is basically a single stroller. I've seen ppl who use it, and the kid in the back could look out the sides - just like in a car. It's not like they're doomed to staring at the vinyl seat for the rest of their existence! Very Happy
Not that we'll neccesarily get it, it's a bit expensive, but I, personally, think it definitely has some things going for it...

cip

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:57 pm
cruel to put a baby in the basement compartment. when your baby is smart enough they may refuse to sit there.

Frumom

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 2:02 pm
I'm not very fond of those either. What about a front to back?

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 2:35 pm
my friend and I call it the "trunk" stroller--who would stuff their baby into a trunk?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 3:16 pm
I know mothers who are happy with the Safety 1st/Eddie Bauer Transit Tandem stroller which is narrow like a single, but not nearly as long as traditional tandem (front and back) ones. There are negative points like second child can't recline (aren't there negative points to all strollers? Wink ) but if a side by side is to wide, this might be another option.

Oh, it's not compatible with newborns, which is why I didn't get it.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 5:35 pm
The Eddie Bauer Transit is cool for a toddler and a baby.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 9:16 pm
I got this stroller because as my baby was growing out of the infant carrier with a snap n go, I was already preg. again - I didnt want to buy a single and then in just a few months a double, the phil in ted is excellent becasue it converts from a single to double. And living in Brooklyn - fitting thru narrow doors and aisles is really really imp.

ganizzy

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 9:55 pm
I have the phil and ted after getting over the idea of the kid behind the other one. the truth is people take their kids out in their car and they dont worry that they cant see much. here the child can see out the sides and my 15 month old leans over and looks out if theres something interesting. she def has opinions of her own, yet she has no prob going in the second seat. its very convenient that u can easily take off the second seat and have a single. I had the double valco and I hated taking it out bc it was so big. also theres not much diff from the phil and ted to the single valco with a toddler seat. the baby cant really see much there either.

I had some complaints with the phil and ted (like all strollers have their pros and cons) but with the new model they fixed a few of the cons. with the second seat theres noit much basket space but in my opinion I cant do much shopping with 2 kids in any case
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics