Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Easy Tzatziki With Feta

Amarante

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 10:52 am
Very easy and can be made ahead of time. Perfect for summer hot weather. Like all of Ina's recipes, it's delicious and restaurant quality.

Easy Tzatziki With Feta

Source: Ina Garten - Barefoot Contessa Foolproof

SERVES 8

I love tzatziki, the garlicky Greek cucumber and yogurt dip. Traditionally, you drain the cucumbers and yogurt overnight in the refrigerator, but with thick Greek-style yogurt and hothouse cucumbers, you can skip that annoying step.

2 (7-ounce) containers Greek yogurt, such as Fage Total
1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1½ teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

For Serving:

½ pound feta, sliced
Good olive oil
Fresh thyme
½ pound large kalamata olives with pits
Toasted pita triangles (see below)

Place the yogurt in a medium bowl. Grate the cucumber on a box grater on the largest grating side and squeeze it with your hands to remove most (but not all) of the liquid.

Add the grated cucumber to the yogurt. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and combine. Taste for seasonings.

To serve, artfully arrange salad plates with slices of feta, drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Add the olives, pita triangles, and the tzatziki and serve cold or at room temperature.

Tzatziki can be made a few days ahead and refrigerated.

Cut pita bread in triangles and toast in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.”

Water Stones

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:01 pm
Amarante wrote:
Very easy and can be made ahead of time. Perfect for summer hot weather. Like all of Ina's recipes, it's delicious and restaurant quality.

Easy Tzatziki With Feta

Source: Ina Garten - Barefoot Contessa Foolproof

SERVES 8

I love tzatziki, the garlicky Greek cucumber and yogurt dip. Traditionally, you drain the cucumbers and yogurt overnight in the refrigerator, but with thick Greek-style yogurt and hothouse cucumbers, you can skip that annoying step.

2 (7-ounce) containers Greek yogurt, such as Fage Total
1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1½ teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

For Serving:

½ pound feta, sliced
Good olive oil
Fresh thyme
½ pound large kalamata olives with pits
Toasted pita triangles (see below)

Place the yogurt in a medium bowl. Grate the cucumber on a box grater on the largest grating side and squeeze it with your hands to remove most (but not all) of the liquid.

Add the grated cucumber to the yogurt. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and combine. Taste for seasonings.

To serve, artfully arrange salad plates with slices of feta, drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Add the olives, pita triangles, and the tzatziki and serve cold or at room temperature.

Tzatziki can be made a few days ahead and refrigerated.

Cut pita bread in triangles and toast in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.”

I'm making "Olympics " party for me and DH be cause he likes Olympics sport show so much. So I looked for "dips" and this one you wrote looking so good! Thank you!

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:59 pm
It's rather odd to serve tzatzki with feta. Also most greek yogurt is already high in fat, so I see no need to add sourcream.

Seashell, if you want other Greek themed dishes, you can do stuffed grapevine leaves (kosher ones in tins is the easiest), taeamasalata (cod roe dip), Courgette fritters, fava gigante (butter beans in tomato sauce) , spinach pie
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics