Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
If someone starts following a maternity insta account

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:30 pm
does that mean she is pregnant?

pointyshoes

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:31 pm
Not necessarily but perhaps

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:33 pm
Seriously?
Maybe she is planning to start a maternity line or open a maternity store? Or maybe she wishes she was pregnant? Or maybe her sister shares an instagram account with her and she's the one who's pregnant (not so far fetched - my sister uses my Facebook account occasionally, if you look on my groups there's a group that is of absolutely no use or relevance to me that she asked if she can join on my account). Or maybe she just really likes the look...

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:37 pm
I dunno why I asked.
I just had a miscarriage, and I noticed my sil just started following a maternity insta page so I started wondering if she's pregnant but didn't tell me yet (we live out of town), and if so, that would bring a slew of sensitive emotions for me.
Not jealousy, don't worry- just a weird feeling of confusion that I've never felt before.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:47 pm
There could be many reasons. My sil started following a stroller company, and I wondered, it turned out there was a contest and she was following the page in order to help her sister win a free stroller.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:55 pm
im not pregnant (yet) but whenever I c a giveaway for a stroller car seat I always want enter but im like will ppl assume something? there was a giveaway for a doona stroller but u had to repost it... I wanted to repost it im like who cares what ppl think.. didnt in the end..

im sorry about ur miscarriage Sad

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 3:47 pm
I wouldn't follow a maternity store unless I was obviously pregnant.
I actually was very hurt when a maternity store asked to follow when I wasn't pregnant me since It took me a few years to get pregnant.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 3:54 pm
No.
Maybe she is maybe she isn't but don't start going crazy with feelings if you have no idea for usre. Because people follow pages on instagarm for millions of reasons.

Maybe she likes the things they have and wants to have it for when she will need it
Maybe she wants to tag her friend in some of their items
maybe she knows who owns the store and wants to help them with followers
Maybe her kid liked the page by mistake
Maybe she had some random "like every page" mood
Maybe she really is pregnant but not ready to tell you
Maybe her husband will be telling your husband soon but in the mean time she needs to shop
Maybe her friend or family member asked her for some maternity clothing stores and so she is on the lookout

etc etc etc.

lakewood mom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 4:04 pm
Not pregnant- but my friend owns a maternity store, so I follow her on Instagram. Could be a number reasons why someone would...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette